Sponsored

Does anyone know how to replace drivers side mirror

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
I was backing out of my garage and clipped my mirror :headbonk: , it is all busted up, I want to remove it to see the part # and replace it. Luckily the dib cap is okay, it popped off, just need everything else :frusty:

I took the door panel off, and removed the square tape covering, but cannot figure out what bolts I need to remove. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also is there a way for the window indexing to go up without closing the door?
Sponsored

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Looks like there is just a bolt and a nut that holds it on. Hope this picture helps

OP
OP
LIPony

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
Looks like there is just a bolt and a nut that holds it on. Hope this picture helps
Thanks
Not seeing a picture, but I figured it out,
Needed to take off the top speaker and lower the window to access the 2 bolts towards the back of mirror, There is one nut that you access by taking off the square looking tape, also had to take off lower speaker to get to bolt that I dropped. I was able to see part #, but cable is keeping it from pulling all the way out.
Now I just have to figure out how to unhook wire cable. It's kinda tight getting hands inside door.

Oh and to get the door to index up, Just push the lever inside the door jam and it locks into place and windows indexes up. But you shouldn't need to do that since you can access the bolts and nut with window down.
Sponsored