Sponsored

Does anyone else wake up every single day with a strong desire to drive your car?

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
Every single day since I've gotten my car, I wake up and the first thing I want to do is go for a drive... Does anyone else get this? How long does this feeling last lol? I've only had her for 3 weeks now.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I have owned my car for 10.5 months and the desire is still as strong as it was the day I picked it up. The car is that perfect.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I'm really not that attached to it, its just a car thats fun to drive. When I was in my 20's and early 30's I would probably characterize my cars like that.

As winter hits here and it starts to rain for months at a time, it sits in the garage. I wish I could drive it at times but that feeling isn't what I call "desire".

We drive Mustangs, not Ferrari's...

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
I wish I could drive it at times but that feeling isn't what I call "desire".

We drive Mustangs, not Ferrari's...
I honestly don't think the desire would be any greater if my car were a Ferrari. My last car was worth $2000, literally, but I loved it and had a blast driving it. Now I have a much more expensive car, and I still love it, and look forward to driving it every day. Cost =\= satisfaction.

To the OPs point though, yes, everyday, and it's been 15k miles for me.

Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I honestly don't think the desire would be any greater if my car were a Ferrari. My last car was worth $2000, literally, but I loved it and had a blast driving it. Now I have a much more expensive car, and I still love it, and look forward to driving it every day. Cost =\= satisfaction.
I think I would actually be afraid to drive the Ferrari fearing the cost of just the regular maint of driving a Ferrari.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, absolutely. Makes the commute to work an event, even after 6 months of ownership. I don't see that feeling subsiding.

Also,
Where in Naperville are you?

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
I fear driving my car most of the time around here, literally had nightmares of getting rear ended during your stage of ownership. This is why she sits at home most of the time and I stick to driving the truck, repelled two nissans already:
image.jpg

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I love to drive my Mustang. I look forward to it every day even though i do worry about some pinhead hitting me on the way home. I go in before sunrise so the drive to work is pretty good. But the drive home can get a little crazy.

Sponsored

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Every once in awhile, and always for a cpl days after a cosmetic mod

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yes even if it's to get a coffee and check my mail here in town but not long drives. Driving my company car Thursday I hit a deer that came out from no where and caused considerable damage where it had to be towed. I hate deer. That makes 2 deers hit in 2 years because I hit a deer last year too :(

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Yes even if it's to get a coffee and check my mail here in town but not long drives. Driving my company car Thursday I hit a deer that came out from no where and caused considerable damage where it had to be towed. I hate deer. That makes 2 deers hit in 2 years because I hit a deer last year too :(
Deer are the worst but if you have to drive into town to check your mail, I envy you, what a contrast to the pic I posted.

Three more years, three more years and I'm cashing out and heading north.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Deer are the worst but if you have to drive into town to check your mail, I envy you, what a contrast to the pic I posted.

Three more years, three more years and I'm cashing out and heading north.
Yea it's a small town of only 27,000 people. Good because no congestion bad because it's on the boring side. If i need a certain thing or need to go to a bigger city like Fargo or Sioux Falls it's a 6 hour round trip that takes up most of the day. Yesterday i had to go to another city for a medical issue that was 275 miles away which was about 9 1/2 hour drive round trip. I used my girls Prius which was great only used about $28.00 in fuel for 550 miles but a little paranoid of not wanting to hit another deer. :( You see deer dead on the side of the road all over the place here.
Sponsored