Sponsored

Do you think Ford will ever show love to the V6?

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Its sad really there is a lot of power to be had out of that motor and ford has locked it up trying to push the eco boost. I still dont buy into the turbo craze these days. You cant convince me that any FI motor will last close to as long as its NA counterpart. One of these days my guess is these turbos will start to cause ford a lot of problems, well they will be out of warranty and it will fall back on all the owners actually. I say this and own an eco boost fusion but wish I had got something different.
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
The v6 is on its way out, per father ford. That's why no love. They want to entice people to go EB or GT. There wouldn't be a v6 now if it wasn't for crying from fleet sales (rentals etc) wanting it to hang around

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I think its a shame. The V6 offering has been a mainstay choice for a god while now, and i think that some people want MUSTANG (OMG) but dont give a shit about HP or pulling G's at the track. People that want one as a daily commuter but dont quite trust the thought of a 4 cyinder (turbo or not) in a Mustang.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
i think that some people want MUSTANG (OMG) but dont give a shit about HP or pulling G's at the track.
Count me in as one of those people........I got the car simply because it physically looks good, and I knew how sexy I could make it with a few exterior mods........that and me having 4 door cars for the past 16 years, the change feels great. Compared to the 5.7 hemi charger I just got out of, the v6 is plenty quick for what you will encounter in everyday driving (merging, speeding up to get over, etc). I was suprised how light it felt and how good it accelerated the first time I got on the hwy

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
Sometimes the mustang family lineup feels like this :p
The GT 350 is pure power, the head of the line up.
The GT is the nice looking version for the street, more necessities, not as powerful but serves it purpose.
The ecoboost is just new to the lineup, a fresh new look at things.
The V6 is the forgotten, sometimes not noticed among all the commotion.
nuclear%20family.gif

Sponsored

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
I don't think the V6 will last very long either. Which is very sad. I actually think the V6 is more practical for a daily driver is you want a NA and don't like turbo.

But as long as Ford still offers a NA engine, I'll be happy. Turbo on a Mustang just doesn't feel right to me.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Would you fellas that keep talking about the V-6 demise feel different if you knew that Ford makes more profit on the Ecoboost than they do on Cyclone sales? Wouldn't you push the engine choices that make you the most profit? So why for 2016 is the Cyclone still in the lineup? There's been a naturally aspirated six engine for the last 50 years...maybe a bit longer Dudes!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I got my V6 for several reasons. I couldn't afford the V8, I wanted something that got better MPG and had power but I didn't like the sound of the EB. I also like to use regular unleaded and didn't like the power loss in the EB by not using premium. I knew that I could make some mods on the car visually and some performance mods as well over time and as my budget will allow. This way I have the car that I want and Gods, isn't she a beauty!!
image.jpg

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I got my V6 for several reasons. I couldn't afford the V8, I wanted something that got better MPG and had power but I didn't like the sound of the EB. I also like to use regular unleaded and didn't like the power loss in the EB by not using premium. I knew that I could make some mods on the car visually and some performance mods as well over time and as my budget will allow. This way I have the car that I want and Gods, isn't she a beauty!!
She is, especially with Magnetic!

Luckily, there seems to be a fix for the Mycolor system in development (of sorts)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29415

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
? There's been a naturally aspirated six engine for the last 50 years...maybe a bit longer Dudes!

You should check your "facts" before spouting it.

Prior to 1994, it was v8 or naturally aspirated 4. No v6 in the lineup. I am not sure when it changed, but it was 85 or earlier. 10 years without a v6. And that was 21 years. So, 50 years of v6 is completely false.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Guess what? They all look dam near Identical on the outside! 80% of the population, if not more, cant tell the difference between any of them. I can pull my Magnetic v6 on black 20s up next to a Comp Orange GT on black 20s at a red light, and someone a car behind admiring is going to decide which one they like better simply based on their color preference. Most people do not know about the slight rear splitter difference (especially on a dark car where its not extremely noticeable), or the grill having some bars in the corner and a slightly different mesh pattern, they dont know the difference between the brakes, etc.

That being said, where I as a v6 owner do have envy for the other models is the touch screen radio, better sound system, and mycolor features. Speed? I can careless about that anymore, just did 8 years of that and performance mods with the last car.

Instead of "Mines better then yours", people should enjoy what they have, as everyone has a reason for their particular choice

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What if.........

By placing the Ecoboost 4 in the middle of the current range, it's been accepted as a genuine performance engine, worthy of being in the Mustang.

Now, give it a year or so and Ford drops the N/A 3.7 V6 and replaces it with the 2.7 "Nano" Ecoboost V6.

The Ecoboost 4 reverts back to the base engine........but that's OK, as its been accepted in the family for a few years now.

Probably never happen, but an interesting theory :p
Sponsored