• Total voters

SROhlms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I'm picking up my car from having some paint correction, chips/scratches repaired, and PPF applied to the front half and over the spoiler. In addition to the things we discussed beforehand, he had a small dent repaired and double layered an area for me (that I was concerned about a seam over) free of charge. He also did some detailing on the interior that wasn't part of the package I paid for.

Would you or have you tipped for having PPF installed or paint correction done? If so, how much?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I paid a premium for mine, so no. I dont think id feel obligated to give a tip on top, the premium was for the service that they provide over competitors. cant see a point to tip on top, but thats just me.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I did not and don't regret it. Never even crossed my mind until this thread. 😆

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Not if it was fairly priced, but if he went above and beyond and gave you more than what you asked for and you're pleased with that there's no harm in offering.

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
No. Had my vehicle paint corrected/ceramic coated and PPF'd on most of the car. The car had some rock chips prior to that. I pointed out these imperfections to see if they could touch them up and they said "Sure", but they didn't. The chips are visible under the PPF. The paint correction and PPF installment was on point though.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why would the rules for tipping be any different for this service vs. any others? Rule of thumb, if the work is solely done by the business owner, no you do not need to tip. If some/all of the work is done by employees the answer is yes.

In my case I really like my installer and gave him a very nice bottle for the holidays. I have tipped his employees when they have done something for me. Usually a five or ten depending on what they did.

OP
OP

SROhlms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Why would the rules for tipping be any different for this service vs. any others? Rule of thumb, if the work is solely done by the business owner, no you do not need to tip. If some/all of the work is done by employees the answer is yes.

In my case I really like my installer and gave him a very nice bottle for the holidays. I have tipped his employees when they have done something for me. Usually a five or ten depending on what they did.
Good rule of thumb. This job was indeed done by the owner himself.
Sponsored