DIY: Vinyl Wrap Dash Trim

takzGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I have been thinking about doing this but in a blue and I am sold this looks incredible. I've never wrapped anything so was really nervous but f it I'm goin in.
Never wrapped anything in my life, did this for the first time and its not that hard. just take your time and make sure its done properly so you dont get bubbles. The hardest part are those curves and the tips.
Sponsored

TXBlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Seatown, thanks for posting the video. I watched it multiple times on YouTube before I saw this thread and ultimately why I decided to try this project.
49391426-184C-42C0-AEF1-697151B46879.jpeg
E3A729A1-9018-4985-B74F-7153AA7AD8B5.jpeg
DEA6739E-E21F-4EEF-939B-E51FDCB454E1.jpeg
D7455961-5EDC-4C62-B585-57A83B64BEC9.jpeg
BB286B27-8691-40F0-9497-B4C24E73DA3D.jpeg
I love that matte carbon fiber look. I plan on doing the same on mine soon. What vinyl wrap did you use?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Suggestion for you guys. Why not attempt to also wrap that super crappy looking piece where the sunglass holder and trunk release are? It'd look MUCH better :D. Unfortunately, with the airbags in there, you can't do anything (or at least shouldn't) to the knee pad and glovebox. Good job.

Hey Boston, what pedals are those (a link would be great), if you don't mind? :D They look nice. Also noticed you raised the gas pedal, which I wouldn't do, but did it work for you? Hope so. And how easy was to remove all 3 factory pedals? Were they just rubber covers with the metal inserts? Unfortunately, I already spent $65 on a left S/S stick-on cover for the crappy dead pedal. What did you do there? Just drill and install the aluminum dead pedal over the plastic one? And are you sure there's nothing behind? I remember thinking about doing that to my brother's Ferrari, and fortunately I checked, and there were electronics back in there. The trick was to drill the hole just the thickness of the plastic, since they come optional from the factory. Learned the lesson to ask instead of assume. Ha ha. Thanks brother.

Sponsored

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Suggestion for you guys. Why not attempt to also wrap that super crappy looking piece where the sunglass holder and trunk release are? It'd look MUCH better :D. Unfortunately, with the airbags in there, you can't do anything (or at least shouldn't) to the knee pad and glovebox. Good job.

Hey Boston, what pedals are those (a link would be great), if you don't mind? :D They look nice. Also noticed you raised the gas pedal, which I wouldn't do, but did it work for you? Hope so. And how easy was to remove all 3 factory pedals? Were they just rubber covers with the metal inserts? Unfortunately, I already spent $65 on a left S/S stick-on cover for the crappy dead pedal. What did you do there? Just drill and install the aluminum dead pedal over the plastic one? And are you sure there's nothing behind? I remember thinking about doing that to my brother's Ferrari, and fortunately I checked, and there were electronics back in there. The trick was to drill the hole just the thickness of the plastic, since they come optional from the factory. Learned the lesson to ask instead of assume. Ha ha. Thanks brother.
Elp, the pedals are from Sullivan Racing Products, srpracing.com. The picture of the pedals in this thread may be deceiving as the gas pedal wasn’t raised. The OEM brake and clutch pedal come off relatively easy by stretching the rubber off one corner. I removed the gas pedal assembly completely to install the SRP gas pedal. A right angle drill make the clutch and brake pedal install much easier. The dead pedal is secured with self tapping screws.
6CD28FE6-341B-49D4-B2DC-B77B92DE4467.jpeg
1A9D42A6-6623-4278-9F18-58E4D6CE3B78.jpeg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for the info. Just checked it, and like the ones below better, since you don't touch the black, therefore no chance to damage the finish over time. And they provide a bit more contrast, but not too much. I'd like to install them over the existing pedals, to extend them all by the same amount, and move the seat rearward a little bit, to gain a bit more distance to the shift lever. It'd be just perfect. Will also check Ultimate Pedals, and see which are the better value for the money, and more friendly for barefoot driving (well, with socks :) ). I have Alpinestars driving shoes, but are very narrow, so need a 'heel plate' to be able to 'heel-and-toe' with them. The 'medium' one, like yours, is the best. The other one looks awful. Ha ha. Thanks again for your help.

Bullitt pedals.jpg

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@Seatown Stang - I hate you a little! Just making such a guide on how easy it is to wrap the console! I excused myself from doing it since I thought I'd be better off with it as it was because wrapping it would be too hard and expensive and here you are just... convincing me to actually do it! :crackup:

Looks damn good!

cover4.jpg
Sponsored