Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Glove box led.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I think I blew a fuse trying to install your glove box led.
My kit did not come with an led removal tool,(not sure if it comes with one) I stuck a small screw driver in there to help take off the led, when I heard a popping sound come from the bulb area.

I was wondering, do you guys know where the fuse for this socket might be?
My garage door opener /maplights / trunk lights have all stopped working. (maplights work when door is open, not while the doors are closed and the on switch is pressed.)
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I think I blew a fuse trying to install your glove box led.
My kit did not come with an led removal tool,(not sure if it comes with one) I stuck a small screw driver in there to help take off the led, when I heard a popping sound come from the bulb area.

I was wondering, do you guys know where the fuse for this socket might be?
My garage door opener /maplights / trunk lights have all stopped working. (maplights work when door is open, not while the doors are closed and the on switch is pressed.)
It's a 10A mini fuse in the passenger side fusebox

If you bridged the socket with a metal tool, that's definitely going to blow the fuse. Once you replace the fuse, it will fix the issue.

There's a few threads discussing it, and here's the installation video for a reference:

[ame]

Nick C.

OP
OP
Laztug

Laztug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FINALLY!
I got the LED in, I would say it looks amazing but i have not yet seen it on.

Now for phase 2 of today's mission......find / replace 10A mini fuse in the passenger side fusebox.

Of course, the led install was everything but easy. I first could not feel the led, after getting down there and taking a look I found the little mofo.
I thought maybe I could wrap fishing line around the bulb and yank it out of the socket.
Fishing line was not having any of that.
I looked around the house for a thin plastic object that could reach back and push the bulb out of the socket. I found a specialty tool that came in handy.
As seen below*

So I went back in for another attempt, at first I could not position myself well enough to get a good angle on the bulb.
So I tried to bring down the glove box, I pushed in the sides and nothing happened. So what do I do.....YES! I yank it, a plastic socket comes flying out of the glove box nearly taking my life!
Isis plastic socket seen below*

I was finally able to get the bulb out and replace it with the DD led. I supprisingly did not break a thing, the socket fit back in the cup and worked like a charm.:D

Now you know why I do not work on my own car.:first:

OP
OP
Laztug

Laztug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled all of the red 10v fuses, all of them looked ok.
The oem bulb also looked fine, do you by any chance have a picture of the fuse it might be?

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Looks like it should be #1 in the cabin panel.

#9 is listed as not used, you could swap them and see if that fixes the issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Laztug

Laztug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just hit everything with a voltmeter everything was fine.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I messed up the socket where the bulb goes in and ended up taking out the housing which holds the bulb in place, I realized that the pins had been F***** up because of me pushing the bulb in at the wrong angle. Unfortunately, now I don't have a glove box light working and will have to replace the housing for it to work. :(

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I messed up the socket where the bulb goes in and ended up taking out the housing which holds the bulb in place, I realized that the pins had been F***** up because of me pushing the bulb in at the wrong angle. Unfortunately, now I don't have a glove box light working and will have to replace the housing for it to work. :(

Any way you can just bend the pins back to the correct location? I had to do that to mine for the same reason...

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Any way you can just bend the pins back to the correct location? I had to do that to mine for the same reason...
I tried to but I couldn't test to see if it worked or not because there was a small metal piece that went in front of the spring that was on the housing that was the contact point for opening and closing the circuit, it popped out and dropped somewhere in the back of the car and I couldn't find it. So, I have to order a new piece lol.

Sponsored

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
I don't know if all 2015 models / trim packages have the glove box "hidden" upper tray (to stash the owner's manual); the glove box incandescent to LED bulb swap is much easier if you drop the tray.

Another point: remove the bulb using the same action as DD demonstrates in the video, by inserting your tool behind the bulb (toward the engine). Pry it very slightly toward you (the passenger compartment) while putting pressure to the right. It looks easy in the video and it really is, if you approach it the same way.

One final important point, I covered my small straight blade driver's shaft and bit with one wrap of electrical tape. Reduces the chances of shorting the socket, while the tape itself has a bit of "grip", which helps to grab/remove the bulb and protects against metal-on-plastic scratches.

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Got a similar kit from CJ Pony Parts. The led took 30 min of awkward positioning on my part to get it in only to find out its not working, yanked it out and reversed it, still not working, put the old bulb back in and it worked(so not the fuse). Then took the led bulb and put it into the map lights and it didn't work there either. Contacted their support and they suggested I buy a whole set again...Not worth the effort.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Purchased the Diode lighting for the glove box, trunk, vanity, and map lights (not sure if they are still called map lights with gps nowadays, but I still use maps). Anyway, after watching the company's videos, everything was quite simple. I did run into the blown fuse problem, however, as I didn't read far enough to use plastic to pull the glove light out. Oops. I have never changed a fuse before, but I was pleased to find that the process was quite easy. All in all the lighting now is fabulous. Thanks Diode Dynamics and Ford. Great car!
Sponsored