Sponsored

Diminished value claim

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I was hit by a F350 yesterday on my lunch break and found not at fault. I've only had my 2017 for 7 months and am very upset.

I'd like to file a claim for the diminished value. Has anyone gone through the process? Any tips, advise, or recommendations?

Pics of the accident. The driver was not licensed to drive..

Upon closer inspection, the trunk is misaligned on both the driver and passenger side, the driver side taillights are misaligned, and the driver side body lines are even more out of whack..

The passenger side wheel is also banged up, so hopefully the Torsen and axle is undamaged.

35685005520_fd01b98258_h.jpg

35684989560_398222a472_h.jpg

35905158462_2fddc696d0_h.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

VaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't have it yet
Just finished a DV claim with Geico in VA. I ended up having to pay $300 to hire a Professional DV . estimator before Geico would even consider paying out. We had $3500 worth of damage done to our Grand Cherokee.

OP
OP

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just finished a DV claim with Geico in VA. I ended up having to pay $300 to hire a Professional DV . estimator before Geico would even consider paying out. We had $3500 worth of damage done to our Grand Cherokee.
Who did you use to compile the report?

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
If he wasn't licensed, then he probably has no insurance. If your insurance company is fixing your car via your uninsured motorist coverage your not going to get DV. I had this happen to me a number of years back when hit by someone in the country illegally. I tried to get it, but the insurance company wouldn't budge. I got hit pretty hard when traded the car in. I was only able to get wholesale auction price because they said they couldn't resell the car because it had frame damage. I battled with insurance, but they wouldn't budge on paying out. If I could have gone after the other drivers insurance, it would have been a different story. I had Allstate Insurance at the time.

Good luck with your situation.

VaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't have it yet
I just used a local DV adjuster that the body shop recommended. I spent 300 but for 1K in return my trade in value dropped more than 2K though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If he wasn't licensed, then he probably has no insurance. If your insurance company is fixing your car via your uninsured motorist coverage your not going to get DV. I had this happen to me a number of years back when hit by someone in the country illegally. I tried to get it, but the insurance company wouldn't budge. I got hit pretty hard when traded the car in. I was only able to get wholesale auction price because they said they couldn't resell the car because it had frame damage. I battled with insurance, but they wouldn't budge on paying out. If I could have gone after the other drivers insurance, it would have been a different story. I had Allstate Insurance at the time.

Good luck with your situation.
The car was insured, and their insurance has agreed they were at fault and will be handling the repairs and giving me an rental.

From what I have read, DV is tough to get on from your own insurance company. The whole process seems sticky, and I would love to have someone with personal experience chat with me.

Update the OP with the carnage.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Dv is a pain, I'm an adjuster my company does what it can to not pay out no matter how much I protest. Like others said get a good Dv estimator and that will help u start the process, don't pay more than 350 for one either and remember they will always be ridiculously high on what they come up with and the carrier will be low, do what u can to meet in middle but if you get 1/3 of what the estimator says that is still pretty good.

BlackonBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Grabber Blue, Black Accents
This is why we can't have nice things :( Even if you park on the other side of an empty lot you are like a magnet. However I've had dirty old trucks for years and never had a single person touch them.
Sponsored