Sponsored

Digital speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
How do we get this onto our 2017 cluster?
2018 Mustang now comes standard with centre digital speedo if you don't choose the latest full digital dash display.
GT18.jpg
Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
The only way to get a digital speedo is to put the car into ET mode ( Engineering test mode)
But you will have to do this each time you turn on the car so not really practical.

videos explains how.
[ame]
Hope this helps

Reactions: A7X

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
The only other thing you could do is use your cruise control which shows you your speed digitally

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
The only other thing you could do is use your cruise control which shows you your speed digitally
It only shows what speed you set it at, not what speed you're actually travelling.

Sponsored

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
had my car over a year, really not missing the digital speedo at all aye, when i first got the car i was like "WTF FORD", there is always the option of something like the ngauge in the center of the dash if you really need one, in order to get it like the 350 has, you need to do a custom full flash, there are a few people in the states who do this but no one down under, and i wouldn't trust that ford didn't do something funny to our cars for the prog to work on the rhd ones.

yeah in summary:
ngauge in console
risky full flash
use analogue speedo, and if red and blues are flashing behind, they are just a wanting to race.

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
I'm with Aza, you get used to it, now when I drive the other car which has the digital speedo I find myself now using the analog instead!

I'm still considering Aza's other advise re lights in mirror... :crazy: :first: :paddle: :rant:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I know the GT350R gets it, not sure about any other model S550.

We do not, nor have I seen an OBD2 unlock for it.
Yeah for the 15-17 cars only the GT350 cars have the digital speedo. I am working on a 350 gauge swap right now. The 18+ analog cluster should be an easy swap just have to get the mileage changed. Plan to make a guide within the next month or two.

Otherwise it is silly they did not have this on the 15-17 cars it is basically just enabling it in the software side for Ford.....

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah for the 15-17 cars only the GT350 cars have the digital speedo. I am working on a 350 gauge swap right now. The 18+ analog cluster should be an easy swap just have to get the mileage changed. Plan to make a guide within the next month or two.
If this could be done for a reasonable cost Id do it in a heartbeat.

Reasonable being like $1-2k

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
If this could be done for a reasonable cost Id do it in a heartbeat.

Reasonable being like $1-2k
The analog gauge swap should be cheap. It’s just the old cluster with a different RPM face and the speedo enabled. If you bought one used and could change the ODO it should be pretty cheap maybe $300 at most shipped overseas. There are a lot of 15-17 clusters for less than $200 so they will not be high. I wonder if using as built data from a 18-20 car into a 15-17 cluster would enable it as well. That would be something any dealer should be able to change. If I can swap in my 350 cluster than I would just experiment with my stock cluster.

If I can get the ODO changed on this 350 cluster than it should be super easy. Just would take a little legwork since you have to wait a little while for shipping and such.

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
$1750 USD for the display, plus $300 to get the extras you'll need to make it look decent it seems.

So ~$2000USD. That guy put an auto cluster in a manual car and got all sorts or problems unexpectedly.

Hopefully someone does a proper test with the right part.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
The only way to get a digital speedo is to put the car into ET mode ( Engineering test mode)
But you will have to do this each time you turn on the car so not really practical.

videos explains how.

Hope this helps
Thanks will give this a try!
Sponsored