Sponsored

Did The Deed

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had a thread recently discussing the possibility of trading my '15 GT. Did the deed a couple of weeks ago. I made a deal with Koon's Ford on a $53,160 Magnetic Explorer Sport 3.5 ecoboost. Got over 9k off with rebates, some BJ's wholesale club 1k rebate and an even $28,000 for my '15 premium GT coupe with 8200 miles on it. Ended up with over 18k equity and a mid 400's payment at 3.5%.The new vehicle is super nice and quick as hell. I still have my beast to drive and the wife and I can enjoy the new vehicle which is very practical.

Don't get me wrong, I already miss the '15 because it is flawless and was a great ride, but I still have the one I would never get rid of. Can't expect the wife to drive a 15 year old loud truck forever. I'm just going to continue to work on the truck (Ram 2500 diesel) keep it up to standards. I recently rebuilt the suspension on it, but next is some rust repair. I'm very impressed with the new SUV, it's ride and options. I still have the '66 big block Corvette coupe I restored a few years ago to look forward to playing with in the future too. I would never say I'm glad I traded my '15 GT because it was truly a perfect car without problems.

By the way, right now at Koons they have several new PP2 cars that sell for about 40k from around 46k no questions asked. They also sell GT350's for no ADM
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Glad it all worked out in the end. I drove my low mile 09’ C6 Corvette from Florida up to Koons Ford in Baltimore and traded it for my 18’ GT back in October and got $9000 off.

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They can't be beat on a deal. The salesman told me that they lose on average $1500 per vehicle. They have a deal set up with Ford where they get paid by rebates do to sales volume. I bought a transit van the same day, actually ordered one for one of our employees and they beat another large volume dealer by about $1,200.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
They can't be beat on a deal. The salesman told me that they lose on average $1500 per vehicle. They have a deal set up with Ford where they get paid by rebates do to sales volume. I bought a transit van the same day, actually ordered one for one of our employees and they beat another large volume dealer by about $1,200.

Well good luck and happy trails!

I came into some money today, I could have upgraded the car but instead just transferred the funds to another account because I have to go to England and then Switzerland in September. So I will celebrate my good fortune as the cheapskate I am:

1. Went to Starbucks for the second time today!

2. Eat some KFC and watch a DVD.

I did think about upgrading my old iPhone 6s Plus, but only a fool would upgrade now. Wait one more year for 5G and face and fingerprint ID for Passports and such.

No car for me - you guys have all the fun. Where do you guys get all this money from? No mortgage? Retirement? University for the kids? Taking care of aging parents?

Well I hope my little diatribe into the hell that is my life, was worth reading. Probably not but the takeaway is this:

I CAME INTO CASH AND WITHIN FIVE MINUTES IT WAS TRANSFERRED OUT AND OUT OF MY MIND. THAT IS WHAT YOU DO!

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Your an ass

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Your an ass

Yup! But still, getting a practical car does make sense in this case. So good on the op. But in general, buying from the dealer is usually a win for the car company. The cars are new and shiny, latest gadgets. Most think about upgrades when the current ride gets unreliable or some cash comes in.

Like today. The siren call of money to spend even affects the cheapskate. I did lie, as I kept 900 or so for the phone. But that gets transferred out on Monday. One of my gang bothered me for cash on Friday because she’s maxed out in credit cards and such and still has to pay bills. So she comes to me. Regularly. But she joined up as a kid so she’s like the daughter I never had. But you get the idea.

You have to set the example. The financial safety nets disappear when the parents get too old. And now it’s your turn to show the way. The cheap way that is... :like:

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Koons gives great deals. I would buy from them again.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
You know what they say about what salesmen tell you.....

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Lol. Every dealership says this. “We are losing on this car”. They make money every car they sell no matter what. And a rebate is from the company not the dealership.”

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fact is, that's not a bullshit story from the salesman and of course rebates come from the factory. I had another dealer pitted against Koons while making this deal. The other dealer's salesman was a family member of mine. Koons beat them by $1000 because of the rebates they get from sales volume. My niece's husband was the salesman and he laid it all out for me...Koons gets a kickback from Ford and there's no doubt about that.

I've been buying vehicles for our business fleet for years and it's old news about ad allowances, holdbacks and rebates from the factory especially with large volume dealers. Sometimes the salesmen are telling you the truth. My salesman at Koons could not believe the other dealer had the exact same price as him and was all upset proclaiming ''no way they can sell you that vehicle for the same price as me''! That's when I explained to him about the $1000 extra rebate for being a BJ's club member. He hung up, did his homework and found the rebate from BJ's in the system and had my guy beat by $1000. At that point I drove to Koons for the transaction.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The fact is, that's not a bullshit story from the salesman and of course rebates come from the factory. I had another dealer pitted against Koons while making this deal. The other dealer's salesman was a family member of mine. Koons beat them by $1000 because of the rebates they get from sales volume. My niece's husband was the salesman and he laid it all out for me...Koons gets a kickback from Ford and there's no doubt about that.

I've been buying vehicles for our business fleet for years and it's old news about ad allowances, holdbacks and rebates from the factory especially with large volume dealers. Sometimes the salesmen are telling you the truth. My salesman at Koons could not believe the other dealer had the exact same price as him and was all upset proclaiming ''no way they can sell you that vehicle for the same price as me''! That's when I explained to him about the $1000 extra rebate for being a BJ's club member. He hung up, did his homework and found the rebate from BJ's in the system and had my guy beat by $1000. At that point I drove to Koons for the transaction.

Hey Anthony!

First - how on earth did you only put on eight thousand and change in four years? You joined June 4 2015 so that’s two thousand a year! Say you got the car for 40 grand that still has you paying 1.5 bucks every mile. And 1 grand a year for insurance then say 2 bucks per mile. The cost of ownership is like driving a Ferrari! Only with a Ferrari putting on miles actually takes value off quickly but this doesn’t apply to a Mustang. But don’t feel too bad as the king of cost per mile is that Black comedian that had his 2 million dollar Bugatti bashed in 30 minutes after he picked it up from the dealer. That cost of ownership is over 130,000.00 per mile!

Next the transit: I am also looking for one for business. It has to be a 2018 with the 3.7 engine like my Mustang because that engine is bulletproof. That is what I am doing and they are still on the lot new. I just found that funny - that is all!

Next honest salesman - good luck with that! I passed a dealership talking about selling cars to immigrants and you never heard the most racist degrading talk ever. They are not your pals and they are there to take as much off you as possible. I used to be a salesman even boiler room stuff. For my second 5.0 Mustang I just went for the deal as the car excitement was not there. Hammered down the deal but had the salesman write down a conditional rider to the deal that I pulled out with the finance guy that got me a true under cost deal. You never saw such swearing from the salesman, finance guy and manager. But it was a done deal. When I went to pick up the car it was raining and they had substituted a leaking sun roof for the original one. I caught that and a good sun roof appears out of nowhere - no ordering required - how lucky I am - Ha! Then that night I noticed the tire iron and wheel lock missing. Found that next day behind a door to the service department. But the worst knobble was them draining the Freon and because we had cool weather I delayed filling it up, Freon became illegal and I went 18 years without air conditioning. But I genuinely got a good deal - and if that didn’t happen to you then they made money on you! And just to let you know, I never did that again as it is not worth the hassle. Salesmen and other salesmen... Sheesh...

But you go on believing you got a deal. The fact is they simply won’t do business with you if the deal does not make the nut. And it’s not up to one guy so they are sure of that. You have to pull one over them and then see what happened to me! No worth it. Anyway have fun with the new ride!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, thanks fat ass, I needed some schooling. You can really run off on a tangent in your posts.

Fact is, I bought my 2015 for 36k with a 40k msrp. I got 28k for it four years later. Over 9k off the new vehicle so the numbers don't lie. I never once suggested they didn't make money, of course they did.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yeah, thanks fat ass, I needed some schooling. You can really run off on a tangent in your posts.

Fact is, I bought my 2015 for 36k with a 40k msrp. I got 28k for it four years later. Over 9k off the new vehicle so the numbers don't lie. I never once suggested they didn't make money, of course they did.

Fair enough. Like I said getting the dealer on your back just wasn’t worth it in the end. But back then it was a matter of pride. You know...
Sponsored