Sponsored

DI Filter for rinse using very hard water. Leave hooked up to pressure washer?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I went with the Griots DI tank. I get 2 seasons out of it using just for the rinse of vehicles. Replacement DI resin is $99 bucks. Mounted tank on cart along with reel, 50 ft hose and changeable tips. Also installed a TDS meter to read in and out of water.

I built my own electric pw, with adjustable pressure for washing.

20230525_093921.jpg
20230525_093941.jpg
Sponsored

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
Hi,

I have some very solid advice - I spent the last 13 years of my career as a pharmaceutical manufacturing water purification engineer. For the price of the washer and filtration kit, you can install a whole-house softener and feed your hose spigot from it. You will love the benefits of it far beyond the car washing, and if you have a small RO unit for drinking water, it will work a whole lot better fed by soft water. Just washed my GT/CS yesterday, rinsed with soft water right from the tap, dried the car with my electric leaf blower, and no spots.

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Well I did my first wash today with my new setup. I did full foam and wash on bypass and then switched to filtered water. I put on the 15 degree tip (smallest tip I have) to restrict the flow as much as possible. Did the final rinse on filter, the flow was reduced but the pump never ran dry. I stopped every minute or so to let the water catch up., I stood way back to keep the pressure away from the paint. Did really well, I was impressed. I did load the pump up with pump saver solution when I was done before putting away. I still have a small Karcher in my sights to buy soon but this worked for now. And the final rinse didn't use up too much of the resin. The color changing resin only changed slightly on the first can, I should be able to use this setup all season at this rate :)
IMG_0568.jpeg
Sponsored