Denied claim ?

murdock2112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Black, 2015 GT, PP
A little back ground. I bought my GT350 in NewYork because that's the only place I could find a Black Base. So I purchased on 3 October stay the night and drive to Ohio the next day. It was rainy and overcast the day I purchased so, didn't get a great look at the car plus I was really excited to finally get it. I look it over really well the next day and find a gouge in the passenger door panel (never been sat in), a gouge into the plastic on the spoiler and a couple paint chips were the passenger fender and door meet.

I called the selling dealer and was told to take it to my home town dealer once I get back to Washington state. I also called Ford direct and was told the same thing. Fast forward today I got home Friday night so the dealer wasn't open. Anyway hometown dealer sent pics and everything but the door/fender chips were denied. So, once I left the original dealer lot I was stuck with any blemishes found. Called Ford and was told the same thing. To make matters worse a rock came up and cracked the windshield on my way home. Pissed off at this day. :frusty:
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Sorry to hear this.

Honestly, if you left the dealer with that damage, that was your mistake. Never pick up a new car at night unless you have it under bright lights.

You then drove the car from NY to WA. Even if they were there when you picked it up, Ford has no way of knowing.

I hate to see this kind of thing happen but I think you're just going to have to suck it up on this one.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I think that Mike02z is correct. There's a form called a "Due Bill" that any things due to you such as repairs etc... need to be documented on and signed off on before you leave the dealership.

Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Some of the stories I've heard on this forum are gut wrenching. Alot of members here have similar stories, or even worse problems. I consider myself fortunate that I've had zero issues with my 350 in my 4 months and 8500 miles of ownership(knock on wood) besides some shitty panel gaps, and rock chips of my own doing. I feel for you bro.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
I consider myself fortunate that I've had zero issues with my 350 in my 4 months and 8500 miles of ownership
Damn dude, don't you ever sleep? :D

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
That's real strange. I had a paint ship where the passenger door and fender met too. That was the only flaw I found on my car when it was new. Now I can find hundreds but that's another story.

Sorry to see this. Paintwork on a new car makes me instantly tense up.

OP
OP

murdock2112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Black, 2015 GT, PP
I get it. Should have checked it over before leaving the dealer. More or less just venting. Not so worried about the spoiler as I plan on adding a track pack one but the door panel ticks me off considering nobody has even sat in the seat.
Sponsored