Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Has anyone created and shared a Delivery Inspection Checklist, or do I have make my own? I want to be able to check off all the major items I need to look over before I sign and hand over the cash.
Sponsored

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Good suggestion...

Has anyone created and shared a Delivery Inspection Checklist, or do I have make my own? I want to be able to check off all the major items I need to look over before I sign and hand over the cash.
I did not have a check list for my pony delivery this morning, but you have a darn good suggestion.

When you arrived at the dealer after a sleepless night, something happens to your brain. The brain becomes over whelmed from excitement, anxiety and adrenaline rush. Then you have to sign about 20 pages of confusing documents, fight off the after sale salesman who is banging on your head trying to sell you thousands of dollars of junk you don't need, and finally, brain drain sets in and then your thinking ability seizes up. You can barely remember how to walk and nod your head when spoken to and respond in baby sounds. Doh.....

The check list for delivery is a good thing to have.

OP
OP
Road Dog

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Delivery Checklist for S550

I did not have a check list for my pony delivery this morning, but you have a darn good suggestion.

The check list for delivery is a good thing to have.
Well here is mine I just made it up so if it doesn't meet your needs then feel free to modify as needed.
And be sure to schedule your visit in daytime to be able to spot paint and alignment issues. Also to allow you
to test drive in 100% visibility. And yes you want the car to yourself for the inspection before you do any paperwork,
once the static checks are done the salesman should go along for the test ride and only after that should you
go inside to do paperwork. That way you have leverage to arrange any work needed to your schedule. Oh and
one more thing, call your Insurance agent before you head to the dealer to make sure you have coverage 100%.

Attachments

Last edited:

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Car owner has 10 days to replace the 'old' vehicle with the newly purchased vehicle on your insurance policy. Dealer does the title and registration so ownership of new vehicle is properly transferred from MSO to you.

OP
OP
Road Dog

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Car owner has 10 days to replace the 'old' vehicle with the newly purchased vehicle on your insurance policy. Dealer does the title and registration so ownership of new vehicle is properly transferred from MSO to you.
I like to be covered immediately, call me old fashioned but I never trust Insurance companies to do something in my best interest. So I make sure they have the new VIN before I drive off the lot.:thumbsup:
Sponsored