tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
i have a vin, a delivery date but it's not even in production yet. How long does it take to build a car these days, I don't get it, advise, please!
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
i have a vin, a delivery date but it's not even in production yet. How long does it take to build a car these days, I don't get it, advise, please!
They have to start building orders first. Usually first runs go to dealers then after working out any initial production line issues they then start on cars that have been ordered.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
The shipping takes longer than the build. They dont ship one car out at a time, they wait for a predetermined number going to the same destination. If you ordered any type of stripe package there are additional weeks added to production. So if delivery is December 13th a guess for build would be around November 13th,

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
They have to start building orders first. Usually first runs go to dealers then after working out any initial production line issues they then start on cars that have been ordered.
Mine was a retail order but the dealer changed it to a stock order so I'd get it sooner.

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
If mine is a priority 20, then is it automatically a stock order?

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a EDD of 1/11/18. It'll be 6 months since I ordered. Not to bad!! First time I custom ordered a car! Fingers crossed mother nature doesn't make it snow that week!!!

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
I just got a EDD of 1/11/18. It'll be 6 months since I ordered. Not to bad!! First time I custom ordered a car! Fingers crossed mother nature doesn't make it snow that week!!!
Did you get the EDD on cotus or from your dealer?

BigBoss5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Premium
I ordered 8/22. Have not received my VIN yet, I have the order number and dealer code, and everytime I call Ford (Canada). They tell me my order is still processing and thats all the information they have. I'm not sure if my options is causing this or the fact that its a Canadian Order. (Lightning Blue GT Premium, 401A, PP1, Active Exhaust, Magneride, Blue stitched Premium seats). I just want more information :(

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I ordered 8/22. Have not received my VIN yet, I have the order number and dealer code, and everytime I call Ford (Canada). They tell me my order is still processing and thats all the information they have. I'm not sure if my options is causing this or the fact that its a Canadian Order. (Lightning Blue GT Premium, 401A, PP1, Active Exhaust, Magneride, Blue stitched Premium seats). I just want more information :(
have you tried using the order code to check your vin on cotus?

BigBoss5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Premium
have you tried using the order code to check your vin on cotus?
Yup, even put C infront of my dealercode (as per the Ford Canada person on the phone) as its a Canadian dealership. It comes up as no match, and I explained it to Ford Canada, where they just said I can keep calling them back for more information.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the EDD on cotus or from your dealer?
On Cotus they updated it this morning. A lot of people got their orders updated today...

I actually think my dealer knows I'll be following it they haven't called me and told me yet..

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
well hopefully mine is updated this week too, I should get mine about a week before yours if the dates hold up.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
well hopefully mine is updated this week too, I should get mine about a week before yours if the dates hold up.
It really depends on where you live. I live in NC but mine is getting delivered to SC. So it'll take longer to get down there...
Sponsored