Sponsored

"Delivered" on cotus, what triggers it in Ford's system ??

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Just curious if is triggered by the dealer when they receive it or is somehow triggered when the delivery guy is done and driving away.

If it is not the dealer, then the system would know when a car is delivered "after hours" when dealer is closed.

At least 2 of my cars have been delivered overnight over the years, so I've always wondered this.

Doug
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just curious if is triggered by the dealer when they receive it or is somehow triggered when the delivery guy is done and driving away.

If it is not the dealer, then the system would know when a car is delivered "after hours" when dealer is closed.

At least 2 of my cars have been delivered overnight over the years, so I've always wondered this.

Doug
I am kinda curious how this whole COTUS thing works as well. As of right now Cotus tells me my car is 8 days out. I was at my dealership yesterday looking at my car and my salesman told me it showed up on their lot on Saturday, May 14.

So if the dealer flags it, I would assume, in my case the dealership would have taken care of it by now.:shrug:

To me, Cotus looks to be "Best Guess":headbonk:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
COTUS is far from perfect and it's definitely a crap shoot. It's not really ready for prime time.

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Its just like UPS, it shows delivered but you never know. "Delivered" mostly means "delivery attempted"

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Its just like UPS, it shows delivered but you never know. "Delivered" mostly means "delivery attempted"
When is your delivery date, according to cotus of course?

Last edited:
OP
OP
stangs-R-me

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
My delivery date was 5/9 then 5/16 and is currently 5/21.

Today Cotus says this is "1 day" to dely ... obviously can't count, and this is the closest I've gotten without being pushed out again.

Car left Flat Rock on a train 5/4 and is currently at "Ramp 73", which is the Markham Railyard (south of Chicago) ... and has likely been there since later that same day ... which means it has been there for OVER 2 WEEKS !!

This railyard is only 3 hours south of my dealer.

My 2011 sat in that same rail yard for 7 days before finally being put on a delivery truck and I thought that was crazy.

I've had a request into Ford Service (Deysha/Meagan/Mariel) since Tuesday asking for an explanation and talked with the owner at my dealer and he is going to get a hold of his Area Rep. this morning.

I've been disappointed with the snail pace of this whole order (14 weeks today), but if I don't take possession of this car by Saturday (5/21), I'll finally be P.O.'d !! :paddle:

Doug

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
When that happened to me earlier this year I called the Dealer and told them to override the transport folks. They called and demand my car be on the next truck. It was and I picked it up the next day. I understand how frustrating it is but the delivery folks decide what cars to put on the trucks in the rail yard. You have to find someone willing to directly address them. Your sales weasel would be the first person I'd talk to, then his boss, and so on.

OP
OP
stangs-R-me

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Thanks ROAD DOG, you helped get the ball rolling ...

Here is the reply from my dealership:

My rep was worthless, we are reaching out Adcock Northeast Auto Transport...I’ll let you know what we find out

Then ...

Ok, you’re probably not going to like this:

They will flag the vehicle for dispatch tomorrow in the hope that it gets here Saturday. either way you couldn’t get it until Monday and the gal we spoke with did not fill us with confidence on the Saturday delivery. She said that as of now it wasn’t even scheduled to leave the yard this week, so we at least accomplished something in that regard as it is now a flagged unit.

He is going to call the yard again tomorrow morning & Saturday to keep on top of them.

Supposedly there is also some sort of labor dispute going on there, so they are sitting on vehicles longer than normal.

Doug

OP
OP
stangs-R-me

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Update from Deysha today:

Here’s the time line for your Mustang, Doug:

- It was released from the plant on 5/3
- It was loaded onto a rail car on 5/4
- It shipped out on 5/5 (there were many stops along the way, as this is not a one way to the last rail yard)
- It arrived at the last rail yard in Markham, IL on 5/13/16
- It is now waiting on a truck to pick it up and deliver it to your dealer by 5/21/16.

This is all a process and there are many stops, and checks in between. Your vehicle is on track and it should arrive no later than Saturday. Have a great day!

Deysha

So that makes me feel better that it has NOT been at the Markham Railyard since 5/4; only since 5/13.

Doug

Sponsored

ImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.55 GT Prem Fastback
There is a good chance we're car buddies.

My car shipped on a similar day, is sitting in Chicago (last update yesterday 5/19, I received from my salesperson) and Cotus shows eta @ 5/23 for south eastern Wisconsin.

I did call CN Rail and found that my car made it to Markham last Friday night 5/13 from Kirk yard Gary, IN 5/12.

Yeah, it's agonizing how long the car sits at some of these locations.. I don't have hope that it comes before Monday, I'll keep you posted for what it's worth..

Kevin

OP
OP
stangs-R-me

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
ImpactS550 ... happy to hear my car has a stablemate there at Markham !!

If your dealer has not already called the railyard to check on it, you may want to have them do so. The phone call yesterday is what got my car "flagged", otherwise it was not scheduled to leave the yard this week even though Fords' system (Deysha even confirmed) says it is.

Doug

ImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.55 GT Prem Fastback
Checked back on Cotus this afternoon, delivery date was moved from 5/23 to 5/21! The dealer will need to have their grubby little hands on it for at least a day if not days...

But we're getting close stangs-R-me!
Sponsored