Sponsored

Decide my fate: Ford Racing by Borla Touring vs Sport Catback Exhaust

Which catback exhaust system would you choose?

• Ford Racing by Borla Touring Catback

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Ford Racing by Borla Sport Catback

Votes: 44 33.6%
  • Other -- you can do better.

Votes: 40 30.5%

• Total voters

Boosted5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got the actual Borla Type S, not he FFPP one. Its louder than expected, but I really like it. No issues so far in Sacramento, CA from the law. No drone on the highway, but around 2k - 3k, its loud and you can definitely hear it in the cabin. I am not planning on headers or much of anything for now due to headache from Cali smog laws.

+1 for FFPP Borla Sport, but I recommend getting the real Borla touring or sport.
I put the GT500 Quad FRPP Sport on my '14 with an ORX and it was so much louder than I ever thought. So I agree with you, the FRPP or Borla S sound great but sounds like OP needs to stay with the touring.
Sponsored

S550VERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT vert
I have the Gt 350 rear valance and the full FRPP Sport exhaust. It sounds amazing, however I always like Loud so im adding Catless Stainless Works headers. But the FRPP is amazing and the fit and finish its like OEM and we all know aftermarket parts can be a b*tch sometimes.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I'm curious to know about the "why" of the poll results. As of plenty of people liking other systems, that's obvious.

But why do people like more the frpp touring than the sport?

You'd think that "more louder = more wants", right?

Boosted5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm curious to know about the "why" of the poll results. As of plenty of people liking other systems, that's obvious.

But why do people like more the frpp touring than the sport?

You'd think that "more louder = more wants", right?
I'm sure 90% of us on here would buy the Sport over the touring, but if you read the OP's original post he lives in LA and doesn't want anything to loud due to cops and the wife. That's why everyone is recommending the touring. Don't get me wrong I love loud exhaust. I have the MF Comp catback. I'll take the loud and drone any day... but that's just me.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
One of my friends has the S-type. Its just a little louder than the Corsa Sport on the outside but definitely has more volume on the inside. I'd expect the FRPP to have similar characteristics.
Good to know. I have the Borla touring and have run with the factory resonator and Borla resonator and found it to be more intrusive in the cabin than I like. Next step is to try a Corsa touring axleback.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. I have the Borla touring and have run with the factory resonator and Borla resonator and found it to be more intrusive in the cabin than I like. Next step is to try a Corsa touring axleback.
You'll love it, and with that axleback, you may even decide to throw an X-pipe on in place of the resonator because of how the sound is sent rearward. You don't even hear it on the highway at all.

I currently have the Sport axleback with the factory resonator, which is within 1 dB of the Sport catback, per Corsa.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Corsa Sport catback. Zero drone. Sounds awesome. You can control the volume with the throttle, and if you go headers later it won't be super crazy jet throttle loud.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have Ford Racing by Borla Sport catback, connected to SW Headers. Let me know if you want a vid or two. I can shoot them to you via text.

As for your criteria with the catback alone, here are my thoughts:

1. I want to be more aggressive than stock.

You will definitely be more aggressive than stock with the Sport catback.

2. I live in a part of LA where the police can be OCD.

While you'll be noticeably louder than stock, I wouldn't worry about this issue too much! Just keep your foot off of the throttle around town, but on the highway, open her up! The real issue you'll have is staying off the throttle though, because it sounds badass!

3. I want to be able to cruise on the highway without my wife hating me.

She'll probably hate you on the WOT pulls, but there is no drone cruising at 60 or 70 on the highway!

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gotten the Corsa Extreme exhaust (ONLY because I want a louder exhaust). I didn't purchase it at the time because it wasn't on the market yet. If you have any questions, please PM me.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
You'll love it, and with that axleback, you may even decide to throw an X-pipe on in place of the resonator because of how the sound is sent rearward. You don't even hear it on the highway at all.

I currently have the Sport axleback with the factory resonator, which is within 1 dB of the Sport catback, per Corsa.
That was my thought process. Start with touring axleback and I can add the double X later if I want to make it the sport catback.

marylandspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Whenever your ready to order give us a call @443-730-9428 or visit our website and check out our Holiday Sale!

http://marylandspeed.com/holiday-i-24.html

But if you give us a call we might be able to do an even better deal than on our site.

Sponsored

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Go with the Borla(not ford racing) Touring catback.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]CGDMRt2xO9c[/MEDIA]"]

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Go with the Borla(not ford racing) Touring catback.
How does the frpp borla touring and real borla touring compare in terms of sound and volume?

If I remember correctly, the real borla touring it's quieter than the frpp borla touring.

How about the frpp borla sport vs borla s-type?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How does the frpp borla touring and real borla touring compare in terms of sound and volume?

If I remember correctly, the real borla touring it's quieter than the frpp borla touring.

How about the frpp borla sport vs borla s-type?
FRPP Touring > (louder) Borla Touring

Borla S-type > (slightly louder) FRPP Sport, according to CJPP.

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
The borla Touring uses a resonator so there's no rasp. Iirc the Touring uses the same mufflers as the s-type, it's just the resonator that's different.
Sponsored