• 2011-2013 GT Vert

Votes: 17 23.6%

• Total voters

skeys2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver Ecoboost Premium
Ok, after being in a hum-drum sedan for the last 7 years, I have decided to get something sporty with more than 160 horsepower. Now my family budget allows me up to 30-32K. My options that I have narrowed down to are:

2015 Ecoboost Premium Coupe or 2011-2013 GT Vert.

I know it comes down to my personal preference but I'm looking for any and all pro's and con's to each.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
as you do NOT want to spend Money without Limits, get the new ecoboost with full warranty and get an Extended warranty right away
you never know what you get, buying an used car, especially with a vert (when will the canvans wear, how Long will the bows work (especially when the precious owner might not have used it absolutely correctly)...

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Out of those two choices? Do you want an already heavier, slow convertible being bogged down with a 4 banger? Either get the 12 or save money for a 15 5.0 vert.

OP
OP
skeys2

skeys2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver Ecoboost Premium
Out of those two choices? Do you want an already heavier, slow convertible being bogged down with a 4 banger? Either get the 12 or save money for a 15 5.0 vert.
The ecoboost wouldn't be a vert.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I think you misread what he wrote. It's an ecoboost fastback or a 5th gen vert. OP, your best bet is to drive them both. But after being in your situation a few months back, 5th gen or 6th gen, the extra money for the newer car is worth every penny! If your into aftermarket mods then a few hundred bucks into the ecoboost would hang with a stock coyote.

Sponsored

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Buy a base GT. You can gett a15 GT for under 32. And now you big power. And a car that will get a better resale value. Use car a very hard for me to buy. You just don't know what that person did or didn't do to the car

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Buy a base GT. You can gett a15 GT for under 32. And now you big power. And a car that will get a better resale value. Use car a very hard for me to buy. You just don't know what that person did or didn't do to the car
I would never buy a used during sports car, like you said you don't know how it's been treated... What if the thing had a blower on it and the seller returned everything to stock before selling?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I would spend the extra and pick up a 2015 GT, it's a huge difference between the 5th and 6th gens.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Ok, after being in a hum-drum sedan for the last 7 years, I have decided to get something sporty with more than 160 horsepower. Now my family budget allows me up to 30-32K. My options that I have narrowed down to are:

2015 Ecoboost Premium or 2011-2013 GT Vert.

I know it comes down to my personal preference but I'm looking for any and all pro's and con's to each.
'15 all the way. Bumping up from 160 hp, you'd enjoy any engine on this new generation. The drivability and interior are steps above the last gen.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
base gt, you're welcome!

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
don't get the base interior. 2015 Ecoboost Premium! gotta have creature comforts too

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Get an EB Premium without any other options. You'll be very happy.

And Jason, I am glad you're a GT or nothing fan, but in reality it has a different engine but isn't a "totally different car."

Your so incredibly negative and tunnel-visioned I get tired of reading threads you comment in.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Get an EB Premium without any other options. You'll be very happy.

And Jason, I am glad you're a GT or nothing fan, but in reality it has a different engine but isn't a "totally different car."

Your so incredibly negative and tunnel-visioned I get tired of reading threads you comment in.
I agree... GT is def more power and blah blah... but even i have ecoboost premium and this car has ample power .... rather lil more... and trsut me m comparing the feel factor with my jag f type R... its 500+ super charged... yet i ejoy almost sam efun drivin my ecoboost too
Sponsored