RCstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver
Good Evening everyone.
So the dealer replaced my rear camera that was going in and out and why the car was there they where nice enough to update the software to the latest version. Well, now i have no back up lines that i once had when the car was in reverse. Worst part is i do not have anyway to turn them back on though the menu. Question is does anyone have any idea how to revert back to the previous software or a way to fix the issues i am having.
Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
RCstang

RCstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver
Does anyone have a way or ideas how to update the sync system to the previous software that once worked fine? Is there a place i can find the download online?

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Back when I had My SHO the backup camera died, I swapped it out and lost the lines also. I did not update Sync when I did this. Nothing changed other than the camera. I believe it has nothing to do with the update, rather the new camera.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does anyone have a way or ideas how to update the sync system to the previous software that once worked fine? Is there a place i can find the download online?
Hi RCstang,

The SYNC update cannot be reversed. However, if you are having issues with the backup camera, please consult with your Ford service advisor.

Joy

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
Good Evening everyone.
So the dealer replaced my rear camera that was going in and out and why the car was there they where nice enough to update the software to the latest version. Well, now i have no back up lines that i once had when the car was in reverse. Worst part is i do not have anyway to turn them back on though the menu. Question is does anyone have any idea how to revert back to the previous software or a way to fix the issues i am having.
Thank you
Next time your backing up notice the icon on the top left side of your touchscreen. Press that button (+) and it should display your lines again.

I'm assuming this might be the solution. I was playing around with my back up camera and didn't notice it had a different angle as an option.

Also have you checked your camera settings? I think it's in the settings under "car".
Sponsored

Last edited: