Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Right but if they continue to blow me off even if i win in small claim courts. How can i get them to pay up.
I just hope the gm / owner has a better attitude the the manager that's if i can get through to him.

If you win a suit in small claims the dealer will have to pay up whatever your going after.

If you need some help setting up your facts binder, shoot me a PM and I can walk you through it. It's pretty straightforward.

Basically make two binders with pictures / facts and such. File the suit. Serve the dealer with the binder and notify them their being sued and then it's on them to try and prove why theyr'e right, which they aren't. Just filing the suit and serving them should be enough to get them to fix it and not have to goto court. Once the work is done to your satisfaction withdraw the suit. Or if they wanna be dicks let it goto court and you'll win. Only problem is it can take months.

If you really want to keep the car. Fix it yourself at a bodyshop of your choice and the file the suit for the amount plus some added on for your time spent. The dealer should own this. If you don't your suit is a slam dunk they will not win in court.

Not sure what the time frame is in the USA as I'm in Canada but they have a limited time to respond to the suit and cannot ignore it. If this time period lapses you automatically win your suit by default.

I've had to sue a few people / businesses in my day and I've won every single time. If your in the right your in the right. Most companies don't expect someone to file suit and when they do they normally fold.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Right but if they continue to blow me off even if i win in small claim courts. How can i get them to pay up.
I just hope the gm / owner has a better attitude the the manager that's if i can get through to him.
Steve, this is 2021. Social media and your local TV station will be happy to assist you. Sometimes just the threat of going public is enough to get a dealer off their asses. I think they will eat up the “profit margin” story.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Sorry if this is rhetorical, but this is a brand new 2020 purchased from a Ford dealership? I cannot believe they would take a hard stance like this. Makes no sense to me.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Yeah i`m planning an assault but not yet.
I did contact Ford customer service and spoke to a very friendly/ helpful Texas girl and she`s opened a case and is going to contact the dealership to try and get it resolved.
So far no reply from the dealership owner/ GM.

Yep a brand new 8 mile old gt350 from a ford dealership.

Thanks Doc i`ll definitely hit you up if it`s not resolved quickly.
One of the problems is the dealership is 3 hrs away from me out of state otherwise i`d be on their doorstep.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
The thing is i don`t want a repaired car i wanted a new perfect example that's why i didn't go used.
I don`t want a repaired part i want a new ford part so the car is whole to me.
I don`t think thats a unreasonable request and yes i know the issues with paint matching., but damn it that's what i want.
The quote i got was to replace the rear valance with a genuine Ford part.
$1880.00ish.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
Just got this email from Ford.
HI Mr. Bird I have escalated your case to the Dealer escalations team because this is really a complaint for damage and poor service. I spoke with my manager and we will continue to monitor the case to make sure someone follows up with you.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
The thing is i don`t want a repaired car i wanted a new perfect example that's why i didn't go used.
I don`t want a repaired part i want a new ford part so the car is whole to me.
I don`t think thats a unreasonable request and yes i know the issues with paint matching., but damn it that's what i want.
The quote i got was to replace the rear valance with a genuine Ford part.
$1880.00ish.
I feel your pain. Like you, I wouldn't settle on repair. It's ether new car or at least new OEM part. I predict that dealership will come to you with apologies and ending paying for repair. At that point I would ask for extended free oil changes or free extended warranty.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I feel your pain. Like you, I wouldn't settle on repair. It's ether new car or at least new OEM part. I predict that dealership will come to you with apologies and ending paying for repair. At that point I would ask for extended free oil changes or free extended warranty.
You would trust them to do an oil change after this??

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
No their too far away anyhow. when this is over i`m done with them.

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I hope this gets resolved today and they don’t keep wasting your time with tactics.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
I`d really be surprised if they called to be honest.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
Yep as i thought.
Emailed Ford and the girl`s going to call them again on Monday.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
This is the reply.
Mr. Bird,

I'm sorry that the Mustang you bought wasn't perfect. You negotiated a large discount on a limited availability vehicle and in the end we made less than $800 on the deal. We were shocked at the cost of repair because we thought it would just be a bumper cover. So an $1800 repair would mean that it costs us $1000 to sell you that car. Not a great business model.

Any chance the work can be done for less?

i`m going to get another estimate to do my part.
In the interest of resolving this i've refrained from giving him a lecture about what else a good business model involves... it was hard to do though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This is the reply.
Mr. Bird,

I'm sorry that the Mustang you bought wasn't perfect. You negotiated a large discount on a limited availability vehicle and in the end we made less than $800 on the deal. We were shocked at the cost of repair because we thought it would just be a bumper cover. So an $1800 repair would mean that it costs us $1000 to sell you that car. Not a great business model.

Any chance the work can be done for less?

i`m going to get another estimate to do my part.
In the interest of resolving this i've refrained from giving him a lecture about what else a good business model involves... it was hard to do though.
:facepalm: :facepalm: Who was the author of this fictional e-mail? The janitor? That first sentence is a slap in the face, one that I would find difficult to get past. You weren't asking for "perfect". You are asking them to repair the damage they caused.

These folks are morons. Find out what they are willing to give you. If it is even moderately reasonable , take it , and move on. The other alternative, have a lawyer right them a nice letter telling them the cheapest thing to do is fix you car, perfectly. Otherwise you are going on Social Media and to the press.
Sponsored