OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I just heard back from Koon's Ford. Here is what they said:

"The 2015 Mustang will be here from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. this Monday. Ford sends a regional trainer with a prototype model so our sales team can get a first hand look at it, and we generally invite the public to these events. The car will not be available for test drives, but it will be on full display in our showroom Hope you can make it!"

That's a bummer that the time slot is so narrow. I probably won't be able to go by and check it out. Thanks anyway guys for the head's up.
Call in sick. ;)
Sponsored

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I got to swing by right before they loaded it up!!! I got a chance to sit in it, but I didn't bring a camera. It was so nice. It did not have a performance pack, but it was an ecoboost premium with an automatic transmission. The seats were redline which was more understated than I expected. It looked very nice. I was amazed at how much better the interior felt. Sitting in it has a gone a long way towards convincing me to buy one! As you can tell I am very excited.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
No Performance Package:thumbdown:

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Hopefully the one in VA this Friday has the PP but I'm thinking they got that information wrong when they told me originally.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'm betting it will be the same car going around. I'm not worried about looking at a car with the PP, only if I got to drive it. Otherwise I just want to see how the car feels inside. I've already seen it at the DC autoshow so I'm just looking forward to the interior and being able to get closer to the car in general.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'm betting it will be the same car going around. I'm not worried about looking at a car with the PP, only if I got to drive it. Otherwise I just want to see how the car feels inside. I've already seen it at the DC autoshow so I'm just looking forward to the interior and being able to get closer to the car in general.
I want to see the 19" Black wheels and the dash trim in person to see how I feel about them.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Wednesday?

If anyone goes to check this out, could you ask where it's going to be on Wednesday please. Wife and son are on vacation in DC wed and are planning on seeing it.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Someone in the thread said Bob Bell Ford.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
NOT at Bob Bell tomorrow. 8/11/14 10-2 @ Bob Bell...ugh

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
FYI...Now Al Packer, White Marsh, MD Two training sessions nine and noon. Car will be there until two.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
FYI...Now Al Packer, White Marsh, MD Two training sessions nine and noon. Car will be there until two.
That sounds correct. I will confirm in the morning. Have a text into the contact.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I just checked out the 2015 at Koon's Ford Falls Church. Holy crap this car is awesome. The car was a premium Ecoboost with the redline interior. The seats were amazing. Ah-mazing. I am a Mercedes Benz technician, and short of our uber-pricy Designio custom leather the Mustang's interior was far superior. The seats were supportive in every regard without being tight or constricting. I wouldn't call them sport seats as the bolstering was more on the soft side rather than firm, but once seated I could tell easily I won't be needing the Recaro option. The leather surface was soft and silky smooth with the feel of 100% authentic leather. Mercedes' MBTex simulated leather is rough in comparison, and the premium seats in my 2011 have more of a vinyl stiff feel to them.

I can finally say the steering wheel is definitely smaller than the S197. I know it's been repeated in print everywhere but actually holding the wheel in my hands was the proof I needed. I'd venture it's 1/2-3/4" smaller in diameter with about the same grip circumference. There were more buttons all over the wheel but none of them intruded on the feel of the wheel itself.

The car was an auto so I could not experience the shifter linkage of the manual. I sampled the shift buttons/paddles and made a quick video for those who requested it. They are indeed just buttons in the shape of a paddle with a very small 'click' and not any kind of mechanical feel like I'm sure some hoped for.

Ergonomics were perfect. I'm 6' 170lbs and the seat-steering wheel-center console-dash reaches were all perfect. The dashboard is considerably further away from the occupants giving a more open feel while the sloped roof and thick center console help retain the cockpit feel. Knee room was considerably improved. Headroom felt the same as my current car. The battery was disconnected so I couldn't adjust the seat. I forgot to adjust the steering wheel but where it was when I got in was already perfect.

The door panels feel world class in comparison to the current car. The majority of the panel itself is a firm but soft touch vinyl like material while the armrests were a similar leather to the seats. They were probably a simulated leather for greater durability but were very nicely padded. Since the car had the redline package the center portion of the door had the red panel with the cross stitching and looked supurb.

I took about a dozen photos and a few short videos so I'll post them when I get home from work.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yep as Grimace said, the car is at Koon's till about 3pm. Get over there if you can.
Sponsored