Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
For anybody looking to post their tunes with the datazap link I provided to Juben the other day. Please ask your tuner first if they are ok with you sharing their tune datalogs. I'm ok with ours being shared, it actually helps make small changes to our tunes that are offered globally. However some tuners are very protective over their tunes, and they have the right to be. I personally don't allow tunes, or datalogs to be shared on my custom Subaru tunes. So please make sure you ask your tuner if they are ok with you sharing logs in the public!

Thank you,
Adam Brunson
Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
Well it's certainly a matter of professional courtesy, and sharing datalogs without permission might ruffle some feathers and hurt a relationship between a tuner and customer, but a right?

Unless the customer has signed an explicit confidentiality agreement, they can share whatever they want. That doesn't mean they should, at least in the context of making a public thread on a forum rather than through private correspondence. But throwing around the word "right" is a pretty strong way to characterize it--especially when an aftermarket tune is built off reverse engineering a stock tune.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Well it's certainly a matter of professional courtesy, and sharing datalogs without permission might ruffle some feathers and hurt a relationship between a tuner and customer, but a right?

Unless the customer has signed an explicit confidentiality agreement, they can share whatever they want. That doesn't mean they should, at least in the context of making a public thread on a forum rather than through private correspondence. But throwing around the word "right" is a pretty strong way to characterize it--especially when an aftermarket tune is built off reverse engineering a stock tune.
I didn't say they legally had a right to protect their tune information, but they have the right to be protective over their information. I'm simply asking to be considerate and just ask your tuner. If you don't like your tuner's response you have the right to do as you please. ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.