Sponsored

Ecoboom - V6 swap

Lammerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Owned the car for about four years. Tuned, CAI, Intercooler, turbo back exhaust. Engine just blew on me.

I want to swap a 3.7 cyclone for cheaper upfront costs than a 5.0. Plan to procharge down the line. Any reliable places to buy from? I’ve seen a few that are low mileage for sale, but if something is too good to be true, it probably is

Trying to budget everything out for the swap. I know I’ll need the following
-headers - plan on bbk long tube
-exhaust
-ECM

I knows there’s more, but not a motor head.

Reach out and let me know. Appreciate the help.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Entire wiring harness and ECM? BCMs?

Seriously, unless you are a top-Dawg automotive electrical engineer, or have un-limited Tony Stark style resources, just put another 2.3L in it and be done.

You have 0 idea the can of worms you're looking to open up.

Remember, YOU blew the engine up, it didn't do it itself.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Owned the car for about four years. Tuned, CAI, Intercooler, turbo back exhaust. Engine just blew on me.

I want to swap a 3.7 cyclone for cheaper upfront costs than a 5.0. Plan to procharge down the line. Any reliable places to buy from? I’ve seen a few that are low mileage for sale, but if something is too good to be true, it probably is

Trying to budget everything out for the swap. I know I’ll need the following
-headers - plan on bbk long tube
-exhaust
-ECM

I knows there’s more, but not a motor head.

Reach out and let me know. Appreciate the help.
Once you put the 3.7 in there you might want to consider making it an ecoboost with a kit from a place in Texas and the parts from an F150 eco boost that and a tune should put you around 400 hp and the feeling that's it almost factory. It might be cheaper than the procharger. I had a 3.7 and I loved that motor. I heard one recently with a GT exhaust and an x pipe and it sounded like some kind of exotic euro car. Good luck with your build which ever way you go you can't go wrong with the 3.7 motor it's a coyote with 2 less cylinders.

Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
NoVaGT does make a very good point. The electronics - engine wiring harness, ECM and programming will all have to be replaced or adjusted accordingly. But these items might (hopefully) be as easy as getting them from a salvage yard or second hand.

Sounds interesting though. Keep us updated.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
I would put another 2.3 in it personally. It’ll be way easier and cheaper. But If you got the money, skills, and the will, just go for broke and pull a 3.5eco from a truck. That would be a better foundation if you’re gonna mod for power.
Sponsored