Sponsored

Cyl head temp freaking out

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
anyone else experience this? My head temp is frantically cycling between-40 and 205. I’m also getting an engine over temp warning and the coolant temp gauge is cycling between all the way cold and about half way
Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
The only thing that I have experienced is cruising at 70 on the interstate mine went to 210,when I got off it went back to 180 but temp gauge stayed just below halfway. I'm hoping when I get a bigger intercooler it will help. I'm on my phone can't tell what car you have if it's a EcoBoost the grill shutters might not be working right.Good luck.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Can anyone tell me where the temp sending unit is located on this car? I looked all over the top of the engine which leads me to believe that I have to get to it from under the car

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I think its the same on 18's but mine 16 the sensor is located on the back of the passenger side cylinder head under the intake manifold. I just had my transmission out and could see the sensor clear as day. I think at the least the intake manifold has to come off. Check the thread in issues and repair sections called 2019 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM OVERHEATING ISSUE. Might help

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I think its the same on 18's but mine 16 the sensor is located on the back of the passenger side cylinder head under the intake manifold. I just had my transmission out and could see the sensor clear as day. I think at the least the intake manifold has to come off. Check the thread in issues and repair sections called 2019 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM OVERHEATING ISSUE. Might help
Thanks. I looked at that thread and it’s the exact same as my issue. It suck because my car is pretty modded, so I will probably just come out of the pocket for the sensor and replace it my self. I’ll also inspect the wiring

Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Pulled my intake manifold off this morning just to check the wiring going to the cylinder head sensor and it was fine so I guess I’ll be ordering a sensor next. It seems like this all started after a kam reset. Probably just a coincidence, but still...

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Pulled my intake manifold off this morning just to check the wiring going to the cylinder head sensor and it was fine so I guess I’ll be ordering a sensor next. It seems like this all started after a kam reset. Probably just a coincidence, but still...
Hopefully just sensor. I have done a few KAM resets with no problems.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hopefully just sensor. I have done a few KAM resets with no problems.
I don’t think the kam reset has anything to do with it, but something weird is going on. Earlier I was wiggling the wiring behind the pass side head while I was data logging and the temp didn’t change, but at one point the engine almost died. The rpm dropped to around 400 rpm and slowly came back up. When I looked at the log it showed lambda on bank 1 went to zero for a split second. I’m wondering if there is any correlation. I did have to lengthen that sensor for my long tubes. Tuesday after work I’ll put it up in the air to double check everything. I’ll also replace the cyl temp sensor at the same time

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Problem solved. Installed a new cht sensor today. Took 3 days to get it. No dealer around stocks it. Anyway, all’s well that ends well

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Problem solved. Installed a new cht sensor today. Took 3 days to get it. No dealer around stocks it. Anyway, all’s well that ends well
Glad to hear was just a sensor.
Sponsored