Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Hellion TT
Hi Guys,

Ethanol is new to me and it’s unavailable here locally unless I get it shipped in. My Hellion TT S550 is tuned by Jon Lund for both 93 and E85. The previous owner ran E85 without incident.

I can buy my friends Ignite E98 for a good price as he sold his car.

Can I cut the E98 with 91 octane to make E85? Would I need to get the car tuned again?

All responses are greatly appreciated.

Shaun
Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Yes this can be done. You just need to mix them correctly using a ethanol calculator. Remember most gas stations pump gas with e10 already in it. Do the math right and you will be fine. If you have flex fuel from lund having less than e85 is fine, but if you want to rock the e85r tune make sure its at least e80+.

OP
OP
Off2jail

Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
Yes this can be done. You just need to mix them correctly using a ethanol calculator. Remember most gas stations pump gas with e10 already in it. Do the math right and you will be fine. If you have flex fuel from lund having less than e85 is fine, but if you want to rock the e85r tune make sure its at least e80+.
Perfect! Thanks. Do you know of a calculator or formula I can use?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Just blended a couple weeks ago because the pump 85 is only 70% winter blend right now

Sponsored

OP
OP
Off2jail

Off2jail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
I would use a tester and verify e%. I have an extra ethanol test kit if interested
I just ordered a Quick Fuel E% test kit from Amazon yesterday. Thanks for the offer however.

Shaun