Sponsored

Custom Carbon Fiber and Alcantara Steering Wheel for Mustangs?

TruLux

Threads
Reaction score
I'm somewhat new to the "American muscle" category, so please bare with me...

The one thing that actually annoys me the most about MY cars is the interior... and why not? You spend all your time on the inside, right? :headbonk:

I've always leased my cars but am now highly considering purchasing a S550 GT. Because of this, I was curious to know if any members have or know someone that provides custom steering wheels? I looked at eBay but only found MOMO or what looks to be low-quality results.

I want a steering wheel similar to:

This was designed by - http://www.dctms.com/; however, they don't have anything for mustangs. I only see a custom wheel for the Camaro.

Just curious to see what others have seen or are thinking of doing to theirs... I'd of course also get real CF inserts for the dash/doors and perhaps an alcantara headliner. I need something more than just plastic and leather :shrug:
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Search for products for the S197 Mustangs. There are GT500 and Boss steering wheels that have alcantara rims and there are carbon fiber dash panels and appliques available. The S550 Mustang isn't available yet so there aren't any accessories available for it yet either.

You can get custom interiors done on any car. If you are looking to buy the parts from a retailer that isn't what custom means.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
the 2015 focus st wheel just went flat bottom. i am sure the mustang will follow. might even fit...

beers

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Very few after market steering wheels exist any more for current cars. The liability of a non functioning airbag is just too much to risk. All the electronics they have added to the wheels also make it cost way more than people are likely to pay. I imported an airbag wheel directly from Germany for my Audi years ago as they wouldn't sell them here due to the liability. I know I'll live with the stock wheel except for painting all the horrid chrome black.
Sponsored