Custom Car Grills Question

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
finally got the time to do the install. i was really happy with the kit and the way the grill looks now.
[MENTION=13160]ETCH[/MENTION], looks awesome! if you still want to mount your pony, here's a few ideas (because I've been thinking the same thing):

If it's an OEM pony, the backside isn't flat. So you could fill it in with bondo/epoxy/mightputty/etc to get a flatter surface.

A.
Then mount the pony use 3M tape (the red one), which is great stuff and should last a long long time. For extra security, you could put 3M on both sides of the grille - as in a tape-grille-tape-pony sandwich. Then you get a greater contact area. I doubt that would ever fall off.

B.
Alternatively, we sell a grille mount kit for the howler badges for a couple bucks (at cost). It's two plastic plates with angled entry for cable ties and two uv resistant cable ties. Again, you'd need 3M tape between the plates and the pony.

2. If you're not keen on filling in the backside of the pony, you could actually salvage the black plastic pony 'surround' from the oem grille. Trim that down to size with a dremel and mount IT to your grille using 3M or zip ties and attach the pony to the surround as usual.

Just some thoughts..

Also just finished this up! Some off-the-shelf CCG mesh. I like the oem style stuff.
IMG_20160124_231510_small.jpg
Sponsored