Sponsored

Current Build Week 11/17 Tracking Thread

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Mine got to spend Christmas back at the plant. Rachel tells me it was sent back for unknown reasons and will definitely be there until after the New Year. I personally feel that in a case like this the issue or issues should be disclosed and the buyer given the option to accept the car or take a priority reorder of some kind.
Seems that both of our Convertibles, Your GT and mine V6 ( with Spoiler Delete), share the same fate. I know there was a "commodities" issue where they ran out of the 18` Foundry Wheels that come with the 051A Package. Could that be the hold up? Be nice if there was more transparency and Ford didn`t leave us in the dark assuming worst case scenarios.
Sponsored

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Seems that both of our Convertibles, Your GT and mine V6 ( with Spoiler Delete), share the same fate. I know there was a "commodities" issue where they ran out of the 18` Foundry Wheels that come with the 051A Package. Could that be the hold up? Be nice if there was more transparency and Ford didn`t leave us in the dark assuming worst case scenarios.
I agree that the issue could very well be something minor. If so, I really wish they could tell us. I have the AP wheels so that probably isn't my hold up. Mine is back at the factory as I understand it, after moving some short distance shortly after production.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
How's this for slow:

July 9, 2014 paid deposit at dealer
July 11, 2014 order date shown at Ford website
November 10, 2014 order processing completed
November 18, 2014 in production
December 23, 2014 awaiting shipment
1/13/2015 EDD (changed from 1/2 earlier this week)

EB premium 201A, auto, guard, saddle, enhanced security, voice nav., adaptive cruise, park assist, spare tire, spoiler delete
Same boat.

July 23rd. Ordered
Oct 27th. Finished production into awaiting shipment.
Nov 30th. Released from factory (30 days of completely unknown)
Dec 23rd. Shipped from factory.
Dec 25th. On hold at batcreek, MI railyard for "mechanical failure."

Means it sat, completely built, at the factory for two months. Just don't know what to do anymore. But I got a thread on that.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same boat.

July 23rd. Ordered

Means it sat, completely built, at the factory for two months. Just don't know what to do anymore. But I got a thread on that.
You Sir have documented the worst delay nightmare posted on this Blog to date. I should make me feel a tad better since my Vehicle hasn`t showed any movement in a month. Ford needs to do a better job communicating with Retail Special Orders in updating and explaining these delays.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Same boat.

July 23rd. Ordered

Your car must of had some serious QC issues to be delayed like that, since mine had several minor issues and was delivered anyway.

1. The trunk lid was very poorly aligned, fixed by a body shop selected by Ford, and it's still not completely flush.

2. Drivers door slightly misaligned and still is, likely the striker on the door jam is a bit low, will attempt to fix myself.

3. Headliner passenger side rear window not properly inserted... stuck out about 2 inches, fixed myself.

4. Hood slightly misaligned, I adjusted the rubber bumpers to get it closer, still needs some light tweaking.

5. Rear wheel well liners look like they were trimmed with a weed whacker (this is apparently acceptable, it's on all Mustangs I looked at), I finished them off with a Dremel, they look much better.

6. This appears to be a design flaw, but the rear bumper fascia is narrower than the body panels it mates up to, i.e. it's narrower than the body of the car, slightly indented on both sides.

But the drivetrain is awesome....

Sponsored

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
How's this for slow:

July 9, 2014 paid deposit at dealer
July 11, 2014 order date shown at Ford website
November 10, 2014 order processing completed
November 18, 2014 in production
December 23, 2014 awaiting shipment
1/13/2015 EDD (changed from 1/2 earlier this week)

EB premium 201A, auto, guard, saddle, enhanced security, voice nav., adaptive cruise, park assist, spare tire, spoiler delete
About thd sams for me, albit I ordered aug 5. Rest is identical.

OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
5. Rear wheel well liners look like they were trimmed with a weed whacker (this is apparently acceptable, it's on all Mustangs I looked at), I finished them off with a Dremel, they look much better.
I had to LOL on this one, so true I need to trim mine up too they look terrible.

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
So as the year comes to an end, can we get a final count on who has not received their car yet?

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
Another 11/17 EB Premium

Ordered 07/10
Build date: 11/17
EDD: 01/13

So as the year comes to an end, can we get a final count on who has not received their car yet?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess it might be time for those who have Ordered and Waited the longest to begin a new thread. FRAP has somehow created a S550 Purgatory where many Vehicle`s seem to be held awaiting their fate to only be released after QC deems they are worthy. It appears to affect all 3 series, V6, EB 2.3 & V8 GT`s and both Fastback/Coupes & Convertibles. Ford needs to do a better job of updating whats holding up a Vehicle that was built 4 or more weeks ago and still not shipped. A little more transparency would be much appreciated.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
WoW! I can't believe that you guys are still waiting for your cars. I feel sorry for you guys!

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Daily for me. Pushed back another 3 days, hooray.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
I leave it open in safari on my iphone so whenever I open safari it asks me whether i want to resubmit.

It must be operating on Greenwich Mean Time. Since my last post, the EDD has gone from 1/8 to 1/9 while the "DAYS LEFT" counter stayed at 8 and it's only 9pm EST 12/31.

How often do you folks refresh COTUS for updates? Daily, Hourly?
Sponsored