Cruise control display response sluggish GT 2020

swissmountain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
When changing the speed via the cruise control +- switches it sometimes takes quite a while until the green numeric value and the green pointer in the tachometer shows a value. It's very sluggish so I don't really know for a few seconds what speed it is now set for. This happens especially when changing the speed in 10 km/mph steps. This seems to be a software issue somewhere I guess. Do you guys experience the same? I there maybe a software/firmware update available that fixes this issue?

Thanks, Stefan
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Same for me. The vehicle reacts instantly, it’s just the display sometimes lagging, thankfully.

OP
OP

swissmountain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ok, so it's not only me, I find it quite annoying though, hope they'll fix this.
But I guess such a fix won't be (if ever) downloadable via WIFI or USB stick? (Sync3 update)
Should I ask my dealer to check with Ford directly?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I dont have this issue with my 2020 GT with digital dash

OP
OP

swissmountain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I dont have this issue with my 2020 GT with digital dash
It's interesting that some guys have this problem and some not... I wonder if you have a newer software/firmware? I'm not really sure what to check for?

Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Mine delays mostly when i hold + to get it to to adjust in 5mph increments. But I do also notice it. Glad it's not just me.

ubbyba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium California Special
My 2019 does the same. I'll try to increase the speed and accidentally have cruise set to 110mph because it wasn't updating on the dash.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You guys are lazy. Ha ha. Just accelerate with the freaking gas pedal if you need to change speed more than a handful of MPH, and just reset cruise :devil: . Besides, it typically accelerates faster than needed anyway; I've never used that feature. The very few times I use cruise is when a cop is in front, and sometimes have to adjust speed by a few MPH; that's when I use the 1 MPH up and down feature.

Sponsored
OP
OP

swissmountain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You guys are lazy. Ha ha. Just accelerate with the freaking gas pedal if you need to change speed more than a handful of MPH, and just reset cruise :devil: . Besides, it typically accelerates faster than needed anyway; I've never used that feature. The very few times I use cruise is when a cop is in front, and sometimes have to adjust speed by a few MPH; that's when I use the 1 MPH up and down feature.
Yes, sometimes I'm lazy and for these lazy times I'd like this to be fixed ;)
But it seems not only to be present on the 2020 with digital dashboard so how to convince Ford to actually finally fix this?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I would not think this would make a difference, but after doing this latest sync 3 update - my cruise control is no longer sluggish. I've only used it twice - but both times it had no lag in 1mph or 5mph increments. Going to keep an eye on it.

OP
OP

swissmountain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I would not think this would make a difference, but after doing this latest sync 3 update - my cruise control is no longer sluggish. I've only used it twice - but both times it had no lag in 1mph or 5mph increments. Going to keep an eye on it.
OK, sounds good, what version of Sync3 did you just update to?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
SYNC3 v3.4.20136

It is probably just a coincidence.. but it can't hurt to have the latest version anyway.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes, it can be a little sluggish but it’s not a defect to be fixed. It’s just the way the system reacts. I have experienced this in my 19’ with digital dash. Small changes are almost immediate, larger changes take a fraction of a second longer.
Sponsored