Creaking noise when wheel is turned at 80%, right and left

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Hey y’all, battling a weird creaking noise on my 2017 mustang GT. It happens only at 80% of the wheel turned right of left, stationary or slow speeds like reversing.

I had my ball joint boots leak so I just replaced those two days ago hoping it would fix the problem but to no avail I was wrong. I’m starting to think it’s something to do with the steering rack or rack and pinion bushings. I’m gonna get under the car and check but the alignment shop who did my car yesterday said it all seemed well. But they don’t know what to think of the sound other than “I wouldn’t worry about it”
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
When this is happening are you on an incline or decline? Are the rear and or front end on a level surface or staggered somewhat like going over a dip/drop? I experience this when I'm on a fairly uneven surface and sometimes even experience the rear end feeling like it wants to lock up as well. Not super often, but happens. Not sure if it's the same thing or similar but thought I'd share that just in case.

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
When this is happening are you on an incline or decline? Are the rear and or front end on a level surface or staggered somewhat like going over a dip/drop? I experience this when I'm on a fairly uneven surface and sometimes even experience the rear end feeling like it wants to lock up as well. Not super often, but happens. Not sure if it's the same thing or similar but thought I'd share that just in case.
Hey, thanks for the response.

it really doesn’t matter what surface I’m on if the car front is loaded. It sounds like it’s coming from the front. I can feel it through the floorboards when it happens. It happens regardless of temp/location etc. :/ it’s so hard to pick up on video.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
Hey, thanks for the response.

it really doesn’t matter what surface I’m on if the car front is loaded. It sounds like it’s coming from the front. I can feel it through the floorboards when it happens. It happens regardless of temp/location etc. :/ it’s so hard to pick up on video.
Definitely a unique noise then. Look forward to seeing what you find out if someone else gives good insight or someone does happen to figure out what is going on.

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Definitely a unique noise then. Look forward to seeing what you find out if someone else gives good insight or someone does happen to figure out what is going on.
I’ve been watching videos and the creaking sounds kind of like bad rack and pinion bushings. I’m gonna get under there and check later.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
They told me it’s a bad steering rack..,