Courtesy Delivery

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Does anyone have the scoop on "Courtesy Delivery" I have heard it's a $500.00 "drop fee" with no charge to the selling dealer? The dealer I am working with has never heard of it....I am afraid:frusty:
Sponsored

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
The fee will depend on the receiving dealer, I got quotes between free and $1500 when I asked a few dealerships in my area. The selling dealer won't have any additional costs on their end. Just a matter of them communicating to the factory that the car should be shipped to the cooperating/receiving dealer instead of the selling dealer. This can be done by adding notes to the order system, or the other (likely safer) way is to call their regional Ford rep to confirm they're doing it properly. It does become too late to change the shipping destination once a VIN is assigned to your order, the factory understandably doesn't allow changes after that point so they can plan ahead for your car build and shipping it. So just make sure that your selling dealer gets on top of setting it up right away if it is still possible.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
You can checkout my thread for my experience with it... http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40483

If they don't even acknowledge that courtesy delivery is a thing, chances are high they're going to fumble it in some way.

The selling dealer won't have any additional costs on their end. Just a matter of them communicating to the factory that the car should be shipped to the cooperating/receiving dealer instead of the selling dealer.
That's not necessarily true. I know in my case, the selling (out-of-state) dealer hired a mobile notary to come to my house and do the paperwork. Plus they also are going through a third-party to handle the title transfer between states. I'm not sure they would've done the latter if I had just flown to the dealer to complete the sale and drove off. But those are both some potential costs involved to the selling dealer.

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
That's not necessarily true. I know in my case, the selling (out-of-state) dealer hired a mobile notary to come to my house and do the paperwork. Plus they also are going through a third-party to handle the title transfer between states. I'm not sure they would've done the latter if I had just flown to the dealer to complete the sale and drove off. But those are both some potential costs involved to the selling dealer.
My dealer is doing the third-party to handle the title registration as well, but as with the mobile notary I see that as a choice on their end to incur the cost for convenience. I ended up traveling to my selling dealer after they misled me about setting up the courtesy delivery, and they still elected to use the third-party service for registration because they were not comfortable doing it themselves. If I had completed the paperwork out of state they were going to instruct me to take the documents to a notary myself after receiving in the mail, so that cost I suppose could end up on either side depending how it is done.

So there could be extra costs depending how the dealers choose to arrange things, but the courtesy delivery process doesn't cause any of them on it's own.

If they don't even acknowledge that courtesy delivery is a thing, chances are high they're going to fumble it in some way.
Afraid I have to agree after my dealer experience with trying to achieve this process. The writing could be on the wall if there is confusion right from the request being made.
Sponsored