jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'm not even going to guess on how they schedule production or waiting transport. Mine went into production early, but stayed in production for 3 weeks. As soon as it did go to waiting transportation, on June 1st. Car arrived at the dealer on June 3rd. Once you get it , congrats by the way, it'll be worth it. My estimated delivery was June 5
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm not even going to guess on how they schedule production or waiting transport. Mine went into production early, but stayed in production for 3 weeks. As soon as it did go to waiting transportation, on June 1st. Car arrived at the dealer on June 3rd. Once you get it , congrats by the way, it'll be worth it. My estimated delivery was June 5
I can definitely see where some owners car suddenly shows up. It was mentioned before, but Fords system apparently update once a week, on Thursday. My build and finished production was both on Thursday.

For people like yourself(and possibly me) where the delivery may only take 1-3 days, your car might arrive before the tracking system updates.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I can definitely see where some owners car suddenly shows up. It was mentioned before, but Fords system apparently update once a week, on Thursday. My build and finished production was both on Thursday.

For people like yourself(and possibly me) where the delivery may only take 1-3 days, your car might arrive before the tracking system updates.
I can only hope... It's been a fun ride waiting with a lot of you guys and it seemed like a right-of-passage that must be paid to obtain a car, especially an R...but with 2017s being produced and the possibility of people starting to get those before I get my 2016, it's starting to feel less fun/exciting and more irritating/unnecessary.

I make a fair salary for a working guy but I'm not going to lie, I'm making payments (not buying outright) and I was having a little heartache over the payment, already. So expense+lead time+little communication from Ford = pretty high anxiety for the past 9+ months. After all of this, there better not be any major flaws/issues and I expect to hear angels singing when I drive it for the first time.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ and I knew that after I posted that, I would receive an update. It's awaiting shipment.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I can only hope... It's been a fun ride waiting with a lot of you guys and it seemed like a right-of-passage that must be paid to obtain a car, especially an R...but with 2017s being produced and the possibility of people starting to get those before I get my 2016, it's starting to feel less fun/exciting and more irritating/unnecessary.

I make a fair salary for a working guy but I'm not going to lie, I'm making payments (not buying outright) and I was having a little heartache over the payment, already. So expense+lead time+little communication from Ford = pretty high anxiety for the past 9+ months. After all of this, there better not be any major flaws/issues and I expect to hear angels singing when I drive it for the first time.
Ditto on everything man. My main concern with the car showing up suddenly is that I dont have the financing lined up yet, since these cars can be in limbo for an indefinite period of time, and the loans are only good for 30 days, and extensions arent guaranteed. Waiting for the in-transit phase before I get the financing.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)

Went through everything you posted,,,,just be patient.
Their were days I just wanted to say F@$k it!!! Then you get an up an up date and all good, then it doesn't move again. It will get here.
And the thing is when you start it for the first time, you do hear the angels singing loud and proud!!!!
Be patient

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Fingers crossed. In a couple hours, it'll be Thursday and the system should update. Hopefully it'll show my car is in transit.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Pulling for ya !!!!

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Not much just been driving!! Did put one pic up in the ShadowBlack thread. Once you get your car you will forget about all this crap wait, it sucks. When my car spent over 25 days in the " in production " phase I was pulling my hair out!! Thinking that someone put the forklift through the door or body lines were so bad that QA found. The car arrived in perfect condition, the finish body lines and all great! Just be patient, you will love it!!!
I was fortunate to have my SC'ed 15 to drive while waiting though!
image.jpg

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Not much just been driving!! Did put one pic up in the ShadowBlack thread. Once you get your car you will forget about all this crap wait, it sucks. When my car spent over 25 days in the " in production " phase I was pulling my hair out!! Thinking that someone put the forklift through the door or body lines were so bad that QA found. The car arrived in perfect condition, the finish body lines and all great! Just be patient, you will love it!!!
I was fortunate to have my SC'ed 15 to drive while waiting though!
People posting their experiences never gets old. Allows me to live vicariously through you guys until my car arrives.

Good news though, even though the website tracking has no movement, the car is officially released for shipping and truly awaiting transport for the train :headbang:

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
That is great,,!!! What is your estimated delivery?
Ford service get you that info?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
That is great,,!!! What is your estimated delivery?
Ford service get you that info?
The FP phone line. Does FS on the forum get better info? ETA is still 6/25-7/1. Hoping itll arrive sooner though

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I thought the online/pm was best, I only called twice though. It still seems they only gave me info that COTUS was showing me. It does usually take a day or two to get you an answer. Not to freak you out. Soon as mine went to " in transport " days went from 3 days to deliver to 7 days. But than a day later went to 0 days and it was delivered. So don't panic if your delivery days start jumping around.
Sponsored