The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well... I assume it'll have a bit better supporting mods around it and a more aggressive race tune than the GT has... As people over here been making 500 with a few mods, it's doable I guess... If it's literally a lift and shift version of the coyote engine, be hard to hit 500 in it...

But you know, manufacturers love to overstate.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not really spectacular as Gibbo made 516 with the 350IM and a tune. Add headers and that would've been a solid 530 I would've thought.

Think Cosworth have been brought on board for the kudos rather than eeking out the last possible hp. Plus this car is likely twice the price.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Haha I just made a thread too, DOH.

Gen2 can do 500HP NA with headers and better intake manifold with a tune for RON99 fuel. Still its quite a push if you ask me to achieve this on a larger scale, but absolutely possible as TVR would be ordering engines, they could then take their pick of intake manifold and on the Coyote you can use the F150, Mustang GT, GT 350, BOSS 302, Cobra Jet manifolds all bolt up to the Coyote engine.

If its a Gen3 Coyote than 500HP is a walk in the park with just a tune.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cosworth isn't the type of company to just use their badge as lip service then walk away with just a tune and nothing else. I'd wager they've built it up to make it bullet proof.

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Haha I just made a thread too, DOH.

Gen2 can do 500HP NA with headers and better intake manifold with a tune for RON99 fuel. Still its quite a push if you ask me to achieve this on a larger scale, but absolutely possible as TVR would be ordering engines, they could then take their pick of intake manifold and on the Coyote you can use the F150, Mustang GT, GT 350, BOSS 302, Cobra Jet manifolds all bolt up to the Coyote engine.

If its a Gen3 Coyote than 500HP is a walk in the park with just a tune.
Cosworth have had the engine for several years, so it's not a Gen 3. However, breathing, exhaust etc are all new and bespoke, so 500hp is not a stretch.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Cosworth have had the engine for several years, so it's not a Gen 3. However, breathing, exhaust etc are all new and bespoke, so 500hp is not a stretch.
Yep just found an image, its gen2 so yeah intake manifold, headers will see it at 500HP, plus anything else Cosworth may have done to push it comfortably over the 500 mark.
coyote.jpg

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Not really spectacular as Gibbo made 516 with the 350IM and a tune. Add headers and that would've been a solid 530 I would've thought.

Think Cosworth have been brought on board for the kudos rather than eeking out the last possible hp. Plus this car is likely twice the price.
ÂŁ90K apparently. And it's even uglier front-on than a MY18 ;)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
ÂŁ90K apparently. And it's even uglier front-on than a MY18 ;)
Yep, not as pretty as the older TVR's IMO.

Says they shifted 500 "launch edition" units already though, the collectors/enthusiasts must be going nuts for it!

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
Having owned an 04 Tuscan I was looking forward to this.
However I am underwhelmed, it is too generic for me .It could be a Jag/supra/sls etc.When the Cerbera came out it was unique in appearance,sort of car the devil would drive:cool:.The Tuscan was also unique along with the TVR engine(non tvr engineer designed) ,albeit early ones a bit chocolate.Personally I wanted to be shocked by the new ones wild appearance but it most defnitely has not worked for me.Ford crate engine lightly breathed on is ok but again a little lacking in soul.The Letters TVR on the bonnet could read any number of manufacturers based on its looks.

Only the opinion of an old git.;)

Sponsored

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I work for Cosworth and have been involved on the TVR project, there are a few left over development parts that may end up on my car.....but warranty paranoia sets in.

For confidentiality reasons, I'm not allowed to answer any questions though.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I work for Cosworth and have been involved on the TVR project, there are a few left over development parts that may end up on my car.....but warranty paranoia sets in.

For confidentiality reasons, I'm not allowed to answer any questions though.
Not going to post this as a question. But I'm going to take these off you and see what I can do to them...

(See if it was a question it'd sound much more polite)

Fk warranty, just do it.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Someone looks to have dived in to a few manufacturer's parts bins, put them together and come up with that design....I see mazda, toyota, mercedes to name a few!!

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Also note the:

- EU spec wing mirrors
- Ford/Mustang steering wheel stalks
- Mustang AC vents

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
One of the major pieces of work shown at the reveal for deposit holders and dealers (yes we're one of those) was the dry sump installation which will allow TVR to keep the engine as low in the chassis as possible.

Of course there's always the option to add a supercharger to a Coyote too - 650hp in that would be something else.
Sponsored