Sponsored

Corvette C8

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Clearly you’re not a fan and I respect that bit I don’t agree with your statements regarding cost. Earlier in this thread you stated a base 2 litre 718 was £80k when it’s actually £45k!!! Now your saying that a 718s must be fully specified and will cost north of £90k? Are you intentionally trying to goad me
Not trying to goad you at all but you seem to be getting very very confused, at no point do i say it MUST be fully specced, I do on several places point out that to MATCH the corvette base drive train spec (ignoring interior and exterior options completed) have to spec it up to 80k+ just to MATCH again so its perfectly clear.

You'll also find that while they may list on the homepage base price 53k something please do go ahead and click the 718S on their configurator and you'll find the base price is a few grand higher than that as there's a few mandatory options they won't allow you to turn off.

Going back to the "vast quantity" being unspecced thats because its the "cheap" one and those that just buy a car for its badge not its ability jump at it so they stretch themselves to the base unspecced version. As someone that wants an actual good car (mustang not withstanding) you would never ever ever buy a base spec on any german mobile as its honestly terrible.

So back to the start 80k for a mid engine rear wheel drive effectively super car.... damn cheap and there isn't a single euro box that can compete in the new car space.
Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not trying to goad you at all but you seem to be getting very very confused, at no point do i say it MUST be fully specced, I do on several places point out that to MATCH the corvette base drive train spec (ignoring interior and exterior options completed) have to spec it up to 80k+ just to MATCH again so its perfectly clear.

You'll also find that while they may list on the homepage base price 53k something please do go ahead and click the 718S on their configurator and you'll find the base price is a few grand higher than that as there's a few mandatory options they won't allow you to turn off.

Will will agrre to disagree massively.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Will will agrre to disagree massively.

Bottom line is - It doesnt matter anyway --- you are talking about a Porsche!:cwl:

I had one - never again!

I really fancy the C8 - but at this moment I doubt I could afford £80k + - so I will stick with the Mustang for a bit!:thumbsup:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Bottom line is - It doesnt matter anyway --- you are talking about a Porsche!:cwl:

I had one - never again!

I really fancy the C8 - but at this moment I doubt I could afford £80k + - so I will stick with the Mustang for a bit!:thumbsup:
I wasn't the one who started the Porsche debate in the first place :cwl::cwl:

It matters not one jot i agree and in fact discussing cars and if they are worth it etc that are way way out of my price ranges matters even less. :angry::angry:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
back to the start 80k for a mid engine rear wheel drive effectively super car.... damn cheap and there isn't a single euro box that can compete in the new car space.
It's a La Corvette. See.
I would definitely have one.

Get a AM exhaust, forced induction to over 700bhp and still less than £100K

Or pay millions for the 900+ bhp fezza?

La Corvette#2.JPG

:rockon: