Sponsored

Corvette C8

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I know its not a mustang but did anyone catch the launch event last night, they're making it RHD ! with a midengine V8!
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Oh f##k I thought my Bullitt was a keeper :frown: I'm hoping there are some other interior options :)

RHD corvette.png

2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray.jpg

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Going to be a great one. A bargain if you think about what you are getting for the money. I expect that UK C8 Corvettes will be sold with the Z51 package as standard and a starting OTR price of ÂŁ75-80k. However, who will sell them and look after them? It won't be Vauxhall.

Looks like a home run in terms of what you get price/performance despite visually not being the most cohesive design or prettiest thing ever created.

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I really like it liked the c7 too just no rhd so ruled it out.

I think they're talking of the base model in the states being sub 60k if they bring it over here at 60k they'll hit a home run any higher and it wont really sell.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Oh yes was waiting for it then forgot to look at the launch. I like it, looks a bit like a Ferrari 458. Hopefully they'll do a RHD version (doubtful) and keep a manual option.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Oh yes was waiting for it then forgot to look at the launch. I like it, looks a bit like a Ferrari 458. Hopefully they'll do a RHD version (doubtful) and keep a manual option.
They are. It's coming to the UK and Australia as well as the rest of Europe.

right-hand-drive-2020-chevy-corvette-c8.jpg

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
The centre console is terrible though, haha. Still, I'd live with it for the price/performance and tunability of Chevy V8s to a billion horsepower without breaking a sweat.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Isn’t
Isn’t that what the threads about a RHD version coming out?

Sponsored

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
I would certainly try and stretch to one if they can keep it below ÂŁ70,000

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they'll sell them via the chevvy website i guess since they only have i think 1 dealer in the uk, no manual option :(

also the whole dash and centre console is no worse than the shit the germans are churning out these days.... note merc + audi + bm with the stuck on ipad look ontop of the dash.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
True, but knowing Chevy and GM quite well as I grew up in the US, if people think the quality of materials Ford uses on their Mustang interior and other car's interiors are sub-par, wait until you sit inside a Chevy product. Bean counting is the first thing that comes to mind.

Still, I love the new C8 given what they are offering the customer for the price.

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its american we all expect the build quality to be shit made with 2nd class materials its like buying a Chinese car.

but we mostly just want affordable large power basic rear wheel drives without all the nanny state gadgets of the euro boxes. most of us are the last generation of people who actually enjoy cars and driving lets face it i'd be happy with just a roll cage 4 wheels and an engine as long as that engine had 8 cylinders and at least 400hp