Sponsored

Corvette C8

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Most cars in UK are outrageously priced. People are willing to pay circle £40k for a 3 series Diesel because it has a meaningless M Sport badge on it.
She looks great in red in the article.

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Was really tempted by a C8 when I thought they might be around £60k. Wishful thinking I guess.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
+£80K.

LOL

Sure I said on this forum or somewhere else that I reckoned it would be at least £70K and it would be too expensive at THAT price. Almost £82K is ridiculous.

The S550 has soaked up the vast majority of buyers for a yank V8, made up of mustang fans and just people that fancied something different. That leaves only Corvette fanboys left to buy this thing, especially at that price.

Non-Corvette fans will be looking at what else they can get for their money & the list is pretty long at that pricepoint.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At £80k you don't get much with a 911 and they are a bit boring.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Think i'd be going for a 911. Woyld have more faith with dealers and build quality
why on earth would i go for a heap of shit german wagon especially since 80k is a base model caymen with a turbo 4 pot

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Left hand drive rules it out immediately for me, even if it was £60k! Which it isnt. If i lived in the USA it would be on my radar at the money it is there though.

£80k for a base level Cayman 4 pot, since when??????? A base Cayman is about £46k, decent spec about £52k, i should know i actually looked at buying one before i purchased my M2. Bottom line is the 2 litre 4 pot lets the Cayman down big time I totally agree on that one but the rest of the car is pretty fantastic IMO. The 'S' 2.5, 4 pot is a lot better but costs another £10k meaning it was approx £17k more than a loaded DCT M2 with a far nicer engine!

Even a fully optioned and i mean fully optioned, ceramic brakes the lot Cayman 'S' isn't £80k.

Caymans, Boxsters are IMO wonderful cars to drive they really are. The engines just arent special enough, but it appears Porsche are reverting back to more cylinders once more, thank god.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Left hand drive rules it out immediately for me, even if it was £60k! Which it isnt. If i lived in the USA it would be on my radar at the money it is there though.

£80k for a base level Cayman 4 pot, since when??????? A base Cayman is about £46k, decent spec about £52k, i should know i actually looked at buying one before i purchased my M2. Bottom line is the 2 litre 4 pot lets the Cayman down big time I totally agree on that one but the rest of the car is pretty fantastic IMO. The 'S' 2.5, 4 pot is a lot better but costs another £10k meaning it was approx £17k more than a loaded DCT M2 with a far nicer engine!

Even a fully optioned and i mean fully optioned, ceramic brakes the lot Cayman 'S' isn't £80k.

Caymans, Boxsters are IMO wonderful cars to drive they really are. The engines just arent special enough, but it appears Porsche are reverting back to more cylinders once more, thank god.
but they are doing it in right hand drive for the UK?

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
but they are doing it in right hand drive for the UK?
So they are!! I didnt read the artcle in the link as i had already read a review some time ago with no mention of right hand drive. Ummmm if only it was a bit cheaper as it looks stunning

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only decent Cayman is the new 4.0 GTS which is about £60-70k, and of course the brilliant GT4.
Sponsored