Correct backing plates for 6 Piston Brembo brakes

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I dont see the point of those tiny dust / splash shields. They would cover maybe 20% of the rotor???? Whats the point? Might as well run none.
I agree, it’s better to have them especially if you track. So far no issues running without for daily driving. I will install once I get both sides.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I love the look of the Bimbos. I was thinking about purchasing the entire Bullitt Bimbo brake kit for my 2022 GT (non-PP) when it comes in

I am NOT very mechanically inclined, but I know a few people who are.

How hard is it to replace the stock GT brake calipers, rotors, and assorted parts that come in that complete kit?

I guess I would also need to see if the Black Accent Package 19 x 8.5 wheels would fit this kit?
I’ve never worked on brakes before and I was able to do the fronts by researching and having the correct tools. Hardest part was bleeding the brakes by myself. But now that wouldn’t be an issue. I understand that the rears are a little more difficult tho. It adds the parking break to the equation.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I’ve never worked on brakes before and I was able to do the fronts by researching and having the correct tools. Hardest part was bleeding the brakes by myself. But now that wouldn’t be an issue. I understand that the rears are a little more difficult tho. It adds the parking break to the equation.
Thanks! If I were putting in a new blinker bearing or swapping out headlight fluid I would probably try to tackle this. But since it happens to be something rather crucial to the safe operation of said vehicle I’ll probably search out someone a bit more mechanically inclined than myself so do this. I’d hate to do this and then come to find out I need to Fred Flintstone it to get it to stop!

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! If I were putting in a new blinker bearing or swapping out headlight fluid I would probably try to tackle this. But since it happens to be something rather crucial to the safe operation of said vehicle I’ll probably search out someone a bit more mechanically inclined than myself so do this. I’d hate to do this and then come to find out I need to Fred Flintstone it to get it to stop!
LOL for sure! Post pics when its done please
Sponsored