Coolant hose T connector

Zayzay09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zabriel
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
There’s a “plastic” ring that goes in the T connector but I can’t figure out for the life of me where it goes in the T connector. It’s not one of the rubberized o rings. It’s a plastic ring. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2017 mustang gt
Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
There’s a “plastic” ring that goes in the T connector but I can’t figure out for the life of me where it goes in the T connector. It’s not one of the rubberized o rings. It’s a plastic ring. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2017 mustang gt
It's on the t-hose side, and as far as every single one I've replaced is only serviceable with the hose. Best to replace the t-hose and upper radiator hose as well, that quick connect fitting is known for leaks.

OP
OP

Zayzay09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zabriel
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
It's on the t-hose side, and as far as every single one I've replaced is only serviceable with the hose. Best to replace the t-hose and upper radiator hose as well, that quick connect fitting is known for leaks.
I know it’s on the T hose. But it has 3 sides. Which side does it go on? And yea. Mines is leaking on thermostat side.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m not sure what hose you’re looking to replace. However, I recently had a leak on the passenger side heater hose where is connects to the tube that connects to the block / head. I tried to buy a new hose but Ford said there are ZERO in North America. All in back order with no timeframe to fill it.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That entire assembly has been updated to a newer style Y assembly with better sealing FYI. If you disturb the seal on the original union, many times it wont seal right again.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
I know it’s on the T hose. But it has 3 sides. Which side does it go on? And yea. Mines is leaking on thermostat side.
Oh, my bad :headbang:. There's one on the thermostat housing side (white plastic "seal") and one on the upper radiator hose.
Sponsored