Sponsored

Converting CLEAR tail lights to RED with a vinyl kit

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Btw, excluding red vinyl that is really cheap, all other mods to only have a car like the original would cost money money money..!!
Haha...the wallets shrink here, too. It has to be louder, it has to be faster! With the money some spend here they probably could have just gotten the GT350.

However, do-it-yourself mods and standing out from the rest is really what it's all about :cheers:
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Interesting. Are the red tails legal there? I believe here, in some states at least, you can have the clear ones but you must have red bulbs.
Crazy how yours could appear pink, though. Not necessarily a great look unless maybe you paint your car the same :p
Most tail lights are red over-here, so it puzzles us why they did make em clear.

See papinist pictures, this is what I mean with pink, during daylight. There are tons of pictures out there showing this issue.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Tell me what euro car has no clear or yellow turning light cover
Well, most have a combination of 3, red (lights, break & fog), amber as turn signal & clear for the reverse light. Still its obvious from papinist mod that you still get the amber turn signals even with the red tint. And for the reverse light we have it positioned at the bottom anyway. So why did they do it?

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
In other thread someone posted some time ago pics of cars with red taillights, with amber turning lights shining thru the red plastic cover.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
In other thread someone posted some time ago pics of cars with red taillights, with amber turning lights shining thru the red plastic cover.
Haha, I thought you did on the first page of this thread:D

I'm voting this one to the 6G frontpage as well!

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's obvious (despite the worldwide production of the Mustang), Ford wants to keep US Mustang as a unique exclusivity. Still not available to anyone.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion the reason is not the esxclusivity, but the time\costs (as always): due to different regulations inside EU to have homologation they should build different taillights, headlights, wing mirrors... specifically for every country.
So to save on time AND on costs, they put only the minimum common that is ok all across Europe: the simple amber blinking turning light is accepted in every countries so we got it..

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
So to save on time AND on costs, they put only the minimum common that is ok all across Europe: the simple amber blinking turning light is accepted in every countries so we got it..
That's 100% the one and only reason.

I still don't get why they had to go with the clear lenses though, as it it so obvious that you can make a blinker blink in amber even through a red lens.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion, EU regulations is a pretext.

There are BLIS, RED tail lights, LED DRLS, memory seats, garage door remote opener, etc etc etc in the whole Europe.

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
For these options reason could be different: they want to show us a car that, even in base configuration, is 'full optional', but at the same time they want to keep price down to have more appeal.
I agree that they could set these as optional however. For sure I would have bought all of them!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
There are also regulations in countries on other continents to take into consideration. Maybe we can thank South Africa for our stupid clear taillights. Or United Arab Emirates. or China. or Taiwan. Or South Korea. Or Japan.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
That's 100% the one and only reason.

I still don't get why they had to go with the clear lenses though, as it it so obvious that you can make a blinker blink in amber even through a red lens.
Conclusion, red vinyl for everyone :thumbsup:! Still would love to see a gloss version of it if its available somewhere... (pre cut)

For these options reason could be different: they want to show us a car that, even in base configuration, is 'full optional', but at the same time they want to keep price down to have more appeal.
I agree that they could set these as optional however. For sure I would have bought all of them!
According to my dealer, when modifications/improvement come available for later production mustangs they will make them available for earlier productions. So I assume it will be kinda similar for later options as well. I'm sure options for the 16 or 17 will fit the 15 as well. So who knows memory seats etc. will come available as an aftermarket option etc. etc.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Well, BLIS and memory seats would be a problem to retro-fit. Memory seats has different parts in wing mirrors too (that at the moment aren't compatible with electric folding)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Well, BLIS and memory seats would be a problem to retro-fit. Memory seats has different parts in wing mirrors too (that at the moment aren't compatible with electric folding)
Ah of course, that's it. The projected export numbers are too low for Ford to cost effectively develop 2 different dumbo mirrors, hence we get no blis. Sucks but it makes sense.

Still doesn't explain why we get no memory seats or adaptive cruise though. Those options don't require export specific parts.
Sponsored