Sponsored

Considering a CAT Back exhaust replacement on my 2019 - thoughts or feedback from doing it?

Yoops Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2008 Porsche GT3, 2002 BMW M5, 1988 BMW M5, 1985 Alpina B7 Turbo, 2003 LAndRover Discovery 2 Trek Edition #5
I have looked at Borla , Corsa and American Racing... Any other suggestions?
Like the idea of keeping my valves operational
interesting the differences in sound...between all of these....
Curious of the good the bad and the ugly of doing this...
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Have you tried just doing a resonator delete? One of the main reasons why exhaust was never a priority was because of how insanely good the stock is sans resonators. That's like a $100 exhaust job. Try that out for a week. If you're still not satisfied, then keep researching exhaust systems. You can always keep the resonators and put them back on for a stock-like exhaust.

OP
OP

Yoops Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2008 Porsche GT3, 2002 BMW M5, 1988 BMW M5, 1985 Alpina B7 Turbo, 2003 LAndRover Discovery 2 Trek Edition #5
Have you tried just doing a resonator delete? One of the main reasons why exhaust was never a priority was because of how insanely good the stock is sans resonators. That's like a $100 exhaust job. Try that out for a week. If you're still not satisfied, then keep researching exhaust systems. You can always keep the resonators and put them back on for a stock-like exhaust.
No I have not - but I will research this as a option. Does it add any HP at all? Anyone else gone done this road and replaced from Cats back?

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
No I have not - but I will research this as a option. Does it add any HP at all? Anyone else gone done this road and replaced from Cats back?
No it doesn't. You essentially end up with the same exhaust as the 350R.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
If you want to add an aftermarket exhaust let us know, we can get you a great price on the Borla system.

We would recommend getting the Corsa midpipe instead of messing with the factory resonators just in case you have to get anything warrantied or want to sell the vehicle later.

-Josh

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If you want to add an aftermarket exhaust let us know, we can get you a great price on the Borla system.

We would recommend getting the Corsa midpipe instead of messing with the factory resonators just in case you have to get anything warrantied or want to sell the vehicle later.

-Josh
Josh will hook you up with a great price. However if you cut out the resonators or install an X pipe, you're still voiding the exhaust warranty.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
BUT you can always switch between the aftermarket and OEM piece if you know there will be some warranty issues where as a resonator delete they can visually see it was removed and put back due to welds.

-Josh

OP
OP

Yoops Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Resonator delete is ok with me I think as long as I dont have to worry bout setting of codes// Just trying to figure out what sound I prefer...Borla, Corsa, magnaflow ...etc...

OP
OP

Yoops Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Josh will hook you up with a great price. However if you cut out the resonators or install an X pipe, you're still voiding the exhaust warranty.
is it really any big deal? as long as it does not affect motor warranty?

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
IF you have anything warranty wise thats related to the exhaust they can void your warranty and say its because of that. If you have suspension problems, exhaust shouldn't have anything to do with it. Say you have motor issues, they can blame the exhaust if they want to.

-Josh

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
is it really any big deal? as long as it does not affect motor warranty?
I seriously doubt any dealership is going to blame your resonator deleted exhaust mod for an engine issue.
Think about it this way... you have an "R" engine since it is a '19, and now you are turning your exhaust into an "R" exhaust with resonator deletes.
Those who are saying don't, are often times trying to sell you their product.... I GREATLY respect their Capitalistic sales motives... this is no jab at them.

I did the resonator delete.... best $125.00 I have spent.
The exhaust is now amazing (OPINION-OPINION-OPINION)
No issues, no codes, and I did this 8500 miles ago.

How will it sound?
Exactly like this:

Delete & enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Yoops Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
IF you have anything warranty wise thats related to the exhaust they can void your warranty and say its because of that. If you have suspension problems, exhaust shouldn't have anything to do with it. Say you have motor issues, they can blame the exhaust if they want to.

-Josh
yea I get that...comes down to my relationship with the dealer...Suspension is not stock anymore but it is all Ford Performance...so I guess this helps a tiny bit :-) thanks though !

OP
OP

Yoops Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I seriously doubt any dealership is going to blame your resonator deleted exhaust mod for an engine issue.
Think about it this way... you have an "R" engine since it is a '19, and now you are turning your exhaust into an "R" exhaust with resonator deletes.
Those who are saying don't, are often times trying to sell you their product.... I GREATLY respect their Capitalistic sales motives... this is no jab at them.

I did the resonator delete.... best $125.00 I have spent.
The exhaust is now amazing (OPINION-OPINION-OPINION)
No issues, no codes, and I did this 8500 miles ago.

How will it sound?
Exactly like this:

Delete & enjoy!

enjoyed the track session footage....thanks

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Borla, Corsa, ARH and Kooks all have great sounding systems. As other mentioned if you haven't done one already the resonator delete is also a great first mod. It's very cost effective and definitely wakes things up allowing you to still use the active exhaust valves to achieve different levels of sound.

We've got Lethal Performance resonator deletes in stock and on sale. They ship the same day you order.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-stainless-steel-resonator-delete-x-pipe.html
p1100027.jpg

Most of the other systems I mentioned above are also on sale so if you decide to skip the resonator delete and go for the catback we can definitely hook it up. Corsa has some really nice rebates going on right now too.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!!
Sponsored