Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
All 13-14 Mustangs have wiring going to the mirror for the lights even through they were not a common option, I would assume the 15 is that way as well. Wouldn't make sense for Ford to have a different harness for the base model when the puddle lights are now standard on the others.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Those lights get pretty warm. My sister has a 13 GT with the pony lights and has had lots of issues with them burning out quick or they get blotchy and the light pattern looks like crap. She takes her car to shows/events in her area and leaves those light on to show them off.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Those lights get pretty warm. My sister has a 13 GT with the pony lights and has had lots of issues with them burning out quick or they get blotchy and the light pattern looks like crap. She takes her car to shows/events in her area and leaves those light on to show them off.
Were they halogens? I know the 2015s are LED, I would HOPE by this point they would have proper heat sinks so as not to degrade the diode through normal, even abnormal (for puddle lights), operation.

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
On multi-lane freeways at night this would be a very cool look beside the car. I think they would look focused. Question of longevity though, and if you modified the wiring I'm sure warranty would drop on them also.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
On multi-lane freeways at night this would be a very cool look beside the car. I think they would look focused. Question of longevity though, and if you modified the wiring I'm sure warranty would drop on them also.
I kind of think you would get nicked for it, as you are distracting other drivers, they see a light and look down at the road, taking their eyes off the road ahead.
Ok in slow moving traffic, but on a motorway could cause a massive accident

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I guess I'm the minority. I think they're a bit cheesy/teenager-ish (back when neons under your dash and subs in the trunk were cool) and wished they could be shut off in the ambient light settings.
Guess maybe you should have bought a Buick... Js

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I have to chuckle with ya... Our new car has blue LEDs under the dash and a sub in the truck. And this 45yo thinks it's cool! Hehehe. :shrug:

Agreed, I'm 46-47(can't remember), and still don't know where else I would want to have the sub installed. The trunk seems like a really good place to me, I suppose I could ask my wife to hold it. :) As for the ambient lighting, I like it but have it turned to the lower setting.

For the OP, I would think putting the pony on a switch is possible and would look great at car gatherings at night.
Sponsored