Sponsored

Connecting pony lights to a switch?

NVulture

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium with PP MT
Anyone have any idea how I could go about connecting the projected pony lights to a switch?
Sponsored

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Are you trying to have it shine even when the doors are locked/closed? Just curious what the purpose of that would be...

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Anyone have any idea how I could go about connecting the projected pony lights to a switch?
I would love to do this as well. Going to a guy to get my fogs modified, I'll ask him if it is possible.

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I'm the minority. I think they're a bit cheesy/teenager-ish (back when neons under your dash and subs in the trunk were cool) and wished they could be shut off in the ambient light settings.

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I guess I'm the minority. I think they're a bit cheesy/teenager-ish (back when neons under your dash and subs in the trunk were cool) and wished they could be shut off in the ambient light settings.
+1 :thumbsup:

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I have to chuckle with ya... Our new car has blue LEDs under the dash and a sub in the truck. And this 45yo thinks it's cool! Hehehe. :shrug:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
A couple pieces of tape will take care of that for you...

I have to chuckle with ya... Our new car has blue LEDs under the dash and a sub in the truck. And this 45yo thinks it's cool! Hehehe. :shrug:
:headbang:

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
This 42 year old also thinks his blue leds and sub in thd trunk is cool. I thought the pony projection was cheesy, but other 40-somethings i know thinks the pony light is cool. I kinda li ke it now. But i still dunno about having it on during drives

Jotis73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 guard pp/gt base
So my question is could I buy the side mirrors for the premium and put them on my base? Is the power wires there? I bet it's the same power supply that runs the motors.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
So my question is could I buy the side mirrors for the premium and put them on my base? Is the power wires there? I bet it's the same power supply that runs the motors.
I'd wager you are going to have to run a new 12v power supply that's switched with the interior lights or however you want to switch them on.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Are you trying to have it shine even when the doors are locked/closed? Just curious what the purpose of that would be...
So you're gonna run the lights while driving? Not being an ass, just wondering what the purpose is. Would it even be visible to you or anyone else except at a complete stop? I'm thinking it'll just be a blur of light even at low speed.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
I don't know why it would be a blur. It would be just as focused. the road would just be moving under it. As you said, though, probably only useful at a stop light. Maybe on the freeway too where the other cars are travelling along side of you.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Just tonight my wife asked if I could modify them so they stay on and make him gallop! LOL!

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
I don't know why it would be a blur. It would be just as focused. the road would just be moving under it. As you said, though, probably only useful at a stop light. Maybe on the freeway too where the other cars are travelling along side of you.
I meant a blur to almost anyone that can see it just because it's in motion, just a guess. Not saying the light itself would be blurry.

I would be interested in seeing video if OP or anyone else figures out how to do it. I'm thinking the bulb may need to be brighter for it to be effective. :shrug:
Sponsored