1995_4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kendall
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th GT LE, 1966 "A" code, 2019 Energi
From SCCA Section 13.8:

E. If offered by the manufacturer for a particular model and year, the use of shims, special bolts, removal of material to enlarge mounting holes, and similar methods are allowed and the resulting alignment settings are [FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria]permitted even if outside the normal specification or range of specifica[/FONT][/FONT]tions recommended by the manufacturer. If enlarging mounting holes [FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria]is specifically authorized but no material removal limits are specified, [/FONT][/FONT]material removal is restricted to the amount necessary to achieve the [FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria]maximum factory alignment specification.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Can that being read as the "Camber Bolt" mod being legal?
Are Camber bolt replacement on 2015 Mustang, legal?
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Are Camber bolt replacement on 2015 Mustang, legal?
With what bolts ? Aftermarket camber bolts - definitely not. What does the shop manual calls "service bolts" (which I believe are smooth shank vs. splines, I have Ford P/N for them somewhere), yes.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
With what bolts ? Aftermarket camber bolts - definitely not. What does the shop manual calls "service bolts" (which I believe are smooth shank vs. splines, I have Ford P/N for them somewhere), yes.
If you find that PN, I'd be interested. How much extra camber do the bolts generate? I'm still trying to stick as close to stock/street as I can...

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
If you find that PN, I'd be interested. How much extra camber do the bolts generate? I'm still trying to stick as close to stock/street as I can...
Very little if at all - you can also slot the struts by 1mm to generate some more camber adjustability since it is outlined in the manual. I believe P/N for the bolt is W715295-S439.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Very little if at all - you can also slot the struts by 1mm to generate some more camber adjustability since it is outlined in the manual. I believe P/N for the bolt is W715295-S439.
Thanks for that, I appreciate the info. I was planning on slotting the struts, but wasn't aware of the service bolt / crash bolt for this car. I suspected that there might be one but never researched it specifically since I'm still a ways out on doing that job. This will get me headed in the right direction though, so thanks again!

Schnupper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black
I got -2.3 degrees camber with the service bolt+slotting. I was at -1.7 before the bolt/slotting.
Sponsored