Sponsored

Computer died

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Long story short i had a new short block installed with my supercharger. Car starts but has zero throttle response. Throwing random codes that aren't true, low oil pressure generator code etc. They traced every wire and made sure every connection was tight. No pinched wires or loose connections. Only thing he can think of is a bad CPU. My question is.. do you think maybe when they put everything together a wire might've touched something blew a circuit in the cpu? Has anybody had any cpu issues before? They checked every ground wire as well. Thanks for your help
Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
What else can cause no throttle? It won't rev. Car idles perfectly. Starts up without a problem.Thanks for your help.

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Ground strap possibly ?

loose PCM connections possibly ?

Crank relearn ?

Something isn't right. I wouldn't jump to say the PCM has failed by any means.. Perhaps if tuned, time to reflash the tune ?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
They checked every ground, every connection cant do a crank relearn because they cant get it to rev. Re flashed the tuned already. So pissed

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I wouldn't think it's the PCM if the car cranks, starts, and idles. Doubly so if it's spitting out OBD II data from the port.

Throttle body? TPS?

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I will put 50$ saying it isn't the ecu. For the 4th time... Get the actual dtc code numbers it is throwing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Waiting for him to send me the codes. He ordered a new computer already. I'm praying this fixes it. Whatever the code we're he checked. ODB port was throwing out error codes that are false. I don't know what else it could be. Do you think it could be mechanical? They replaced my oil pump and crank sprocket gears. He swears it's not.

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I switched from nitrous to supercharged I kinda got ahead of myself and didn't unwire all of the nitrous stuff before I tried to start the car w/ the supercharger on it. It fired right up but when I blipped the throttle it backfired and threw a ton of codes and a wrench. It also smelled like gas horribly. Codes mentioned throttle body position. I grabbed a set of side cutters and clipped the throttle position wire that went to my window switch and the car revved up just like normal. Problem solved. It was a grounding/open circuit issue somewhere. Sounds awful familiar to your issue.

Josh

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Hey josh u clipped the throttle position wire that went to your window switch by accident? You wouldn't happen to have any pictures would you?Thanks for your input.

Sponsored

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No, the wire that ran from my window switch to the throttle position wire was left hooked up, but the rest of the kit was halfway dismantled which caused grounding issues. To get it to run right, I clipped that wire breaking the ground fault issue I had. I don't have any pictures unfortunately.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You needed another (yes duplicated this one even) new post to repeat the same shit you've already created a post for?...

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Lmao Jay rod427. Good observation. Sometimes if you repost it on different threads or the same twice.... sometimes just sometimes someone will see it that didn't see the first post. It's worth a shot. If its bothers you that much... just skip the post. I didn't know it was against muatang6g policy to repost the same thing twice.Thanks for your help. Have a good day
Sponsored