Sponsored

Comp Cams stage 2 or 3 for GT350 intake build?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My car will be a GT350 manifold car with full exhaust. Curious to get thoughts on stage 2 versus stage 3 cams for this setup. Seems like everyone is going with stage 3, but I'd like to get feedback from those that have done it. Seems like the 11-14 cars had quite a bit of power loss below 4K RPMs with the stage 3 cams, though I don't know if that applies to the 15+ cars. My car is not a daily driver; it is a weekend car that sees the occasional HPDE. My thinking is that going with the manifold and cams will get me more usable RPM for the track. With that being said, most of my time with the car will be street driving, so I don't want to lose too much in the day-to-day RPM range.

The info on Comp Cam's website lists the operating range difference between stage 2 and 3 as only 200 RPMs, but I don't know how accurate that is, especially considering all the variables involved with cars running cams. Any help or feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just bumping this in case anyone has any thoughts.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your doing a gt350, i would do the 3, the whole point of the gt350 is to take higher rpms, so i would do the cams to match.