W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I have had a set of progressive lowering springs on my car for the last 3 years. I've never been able to get the ride height correct (left side is great, but right front is significantly higher than the left front and right rear). The ride is acceptable, but definitely on the stiff side. I plan on switching to coilovers this year. The car is mostly a daily driver, but I do occasionally do some spirited driving on twisty canyon roads, and I might do some autocross and/or track days in the future. I do also have camber plates installed.

I have a stupid question for those who have installed coilovers on an S550: Are the height adjusters on the rear springs adjustable without unbolting anything? (other than the wheels) I watched one install video that stated you have to unbolt and lower the subframe everytime you want to change the rear ride height.

Also, I'm considering the following kits and I was wondering if you guys have opinions on any of them. I'd like to keep my budget under $1,700. I'd prefer at least some damping adjustment:
- SR Performance
- Steeda
- ISC

Any other kits I should be looking at? I was considering the Eibach pro-street kit, but it doesn't appear it offers any damping adjustment. Also, I shouldn't have any problem mating any coilover kit to my camber plates, right?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you think you need or want coilovers for that usage? You're better off with (different) lowering springs and some good shocks. Fix the issue.

If your going to get coilovers it's worth spending the money for excellent ones. Otherwise, just do springs and shocks.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
So many different setups based on coilover brands that can make it easier or harder to make adjustments. I run JRZ’s and in regards to the rear, run a divorced spring setup which I prefer. I don’t have to lower my subframe at all to adjust my height. I do unbolt the top shock mount from the body as this allows me to get the control arm to the lowest position plus having a bearing as opposed to a bushing in the LCA, which will cause binding resistance, helps as well since there is no longer any bind.

OP
OP
HappySquirrel

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you think you need or want coilovers for that usage? You're better off with (different) lowering springs and some good shocks. Fix the issue.

If your going to get coilovers it's worth spending the money for excellent ones. Otherwise, just do springs and shocks.
1. I am leery of purchasing another set of springs and getting into the same situation.
2. I would like to have control over my ride height and adjust it to my liking both front and rear.
3. I would like to have at have at least some rudimentary control over damping.

So many different setups based on coilover brands that can make it easier or harder to make adjustments. I run JRZ’s and in regards to the rear, run a divorced spring setup which I prefer. I don’t have to lower my subframe at all to adjust my height. I do unbolt the top shock mount from the body as this allows me to get the control arm to the lowest position plus having a bearing as opposed to a bushing in the LCA, which will cause binding resistance, helps as well since there is no longer any bind.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
Sponsored