sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Update. Last Wednesday I had the Sentra towed to a Nissan dealer. Got the verdict today. Turns out there is a small bit of positive outcome. That small bit bring the issue is what my first guess was after a month of searching and investigating.
The IMMU part of the immobilizer system which surrounds the key in the steering column. Also turns out to be a trip to a dealership was to be needed anyway. The system will have to be reprogramed.
So I could have replaced the part in about ten minutes but could not have reprogramed the system and the three keys.
This said the saga is not yet finished. The new part is not yet installed. Maybe by this coming Friday.
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Great update! Let's just hope that is all it is, and nothing else 'just happens' to come up. It always did sound like the NATS/NVIS based on all the facts.

Let us know what happens after you get the car back.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Got a ride to the Nissan dealer today. My Sentra is fine again. Drove it home, about 65 miles. Have started it a few times. It was the IMMU part on the steering column near the key. That part reads the code in the chipped key.
I guess it could just be time as the car is 19 years + old. Not sure if letting the weak battery stay around too long made any difference but will not let that happen again. Too much sensitive electronic stuff in the new cars. No conclusions other than maybe keep a decent battery.

I am bothered that I had to have the car reprogramed. I could have had the new part in myself in a few minutes, but still would have had to have a dealer reset the keys and the system.
Sponsored