Sponsored

Cobb AP - Stage 0, negative ign Correction

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
I recently loaded the Stage 0 map on my MY2017 Manual EB Mustang. Essentially I am waiting for my bolt on pieces to arrive before I push the car and get an e-tune so in the meantime I monitoring stock values to see how its going so I can then compare to the map I get.

Now, I have a question – I keep noticing negative Ign Corrections on a cylinder (usually 1) and some times they are as high as -2. Now the strange thing is that these corrections do not associate with any knock events? As in the knock count is still 0. Usually happens in lower gears and even in partial throttle situations. This is during my morning commute to work, so starting with a cold car and driving about 13kms so very short trip but through a little traffic.

So after my commute this morning i had -2.07 / 5.0 as the ign correction values on cyl 1 and cyl 4 had 0 / 5.0, and 0 knock counts on both of those.

My fuel is somehow only -0.24 after half a tank of driving; when I ran the stage1 and 91/93 maps it was at -1. I fill up at the same station only ever using 98 Ron fuel. I'll try another station next tank incase they got some bad batch of fuel or if there is some sort of leak (we had a lot of rain).

I may add another cylinder to monitor for knock counts to see if that is causing it to do a negative ign correction..

Sorry the AP is all new to me and I want to ensure that my car is healthy before I push it a little more.
Sponsored