Clutch pedal stuck for the 3rd time

Yeto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is the 3rd time that my clutch pedal gets stuck and can’t get the car in gear. First time the dealer replaced the slave cylinder and that fixed it. Second time the car had around 60,000 miles and the dealer replaced the clutch, master and slave cylinder. Last night after a year and two months from the last repaired and about 20,000 miles the pedal got stuck again. I’m out of warranty now so I need some advice in what route to follow
Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean by stuck? I have an issue where if I do a high RPM pull the pedal does not return up all the way but lifting it with my foot puts it back into position. Is this anything like the issue you are experiencing?

OP
OP
Yeto1

Yeto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What do you mean by stuck? I have an issue where if I do a high RPM pull the pedal does not return up all the way but lifting it with my foot puts it back into position. Is this anything like the issue you are experiencing?
I did a high rpm pull and the clutch didn’t come back up, I pulled with my foot and came back up but when I pushed again it just goes down very easy with no pressure whatsoever, the last time this happened was a year ago and the dealer replaced the master and slave and the clutch.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Sounds like the clutch itself has let go. Was it the original factory clutch? High RPM shifts seem to be the common thing that does them in. Mine did.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yeto1

Yeto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sounds like the clutch itself has let go. Was it the original factory clutch? High RPM shifts seem to be the common thing that does them in. Mine did.
Yes it was. The second one already. First one went out at 60,000 but car was still under warranty so the dealer installed all new. And just like you it happened during a high rpm shift

OP
OP
Yeto1

Yeto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered new McLeod RST Clutch, McLeod Slave Cylinder, and McLeod Flywheel

Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
RST is good, but it didn't like road courses. If you are just going on the street you should be fine. The chattering never did go away. I tried 2 of them and ended up going with an Excedy Mach 500.

OP
OP
Yeto1

Yeto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
RST is good, but it didn't like road courses. If you are just going on the street you should be fine. The chattering never did go away. I tried 2 of them and ended up going with an Excedy Mach 500.
Chattering?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Just to give a different viewpoint... I'm running a mcleod rst with lightened mcleod flywheel and mine is smoother than stock. No chatter. No high rpm clutch to the floor either, and I rev to 7500-8000k.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
The stock clutch is known for this. Happened to us on several of our MT-82 cars. The fix for us was a Mcleod RXT. Once we put the new clutch in it never happened again.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.
Sponsored