Sponsored

Clutch pedal extender

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Anyone use one? It seems like a good idea for us inseam-challenged guys. I use the memory seat settings to move the seat back for entry/exit and forward for driving. I'd like to not have to do that, and the extender seems like a good solution. I taped a scrap of 2X4 to the pedal and played around in the garage, and I think it might work for me.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah, theres a lot of us that use them and several threads about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, theres a lot of us that use them and several threads abiut ut.
Thanks. I found a long thread about them. It seems like most owners like them, so I'll give one a try.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Yes.. Should be the first thing us manual drivers put in our cars imo. Drove without one for one year and when i finally got it, it made the car so much more easier to drive and i was able to sit back and relax instead of being so close to the steering wheel. Even tall guys were using them.

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
My Mustang is an auto, but I have one on the Corvette and would buy again.

Sponsored

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
Thanks. Several searches (titles only) revealed nothing for me.

[EDIT: haha I had misspelled pedal]

OP
OP

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered one from AM.

I've read a bazillion posts on these and I've only found a couple of owners who didn't like them because they are accustomed to resting their heel on the floor while operating the clutch. Since the engagement point is near the limit of pedal travel, they have to pick up their foot and use their leg.

I only rest my heel on the floor while the pedal is fully depressed. I also always shift into neutral at during lengthy stops, so this won't be a problem for me. As soon as I start to engage the clutch, I lift my heel and use leg power to operate it. I'm pretty sure I can adapt quickly.

There were a few guys who were considering designing a "clutch pedal stop" device that would limit the stroke of the pedal and not allow the pedal to go fully to the floor. According to the owner's manual, the clutch pedal should be pushed fully to the floor during shifting, so I'm not sure that is a good idea. I don't know what damage could be caused, but I'm sure there's a reason they are so adamant about it.
Sponsored