Close to Misquamicut RI?

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Anyone some what local to the coast in RI? All my car buddies have moved away and I'm still stuck here LOL
Would like someone to cruise and wrench with
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
you ever do any of the local HPDE stuff? gorgeous car man

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
There's a couple I've been to around here with New England Driving Enthusiasts (NEDE) where we do some autocross at Quonset point and I've done some track days with Mass Tuning. Basically get to go fast in your car without getting a ticket lol good times! But mustang guys/gals are actually fairly rare in those groups their mostly BMW guys and then the rest are like Japanese cars and such.
I certainly respect all of them, but i simply can't relate to them on most things lol so i end up standing around doing nothing in between runs lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
well if you want to go on some cruises this spring/summer and maybe to a track event, let me know! or if you need any help wrenching on something, that works too

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I joined BMW-CCA for access to more HPDE events. Been to Palmer, NHMS in Loudon, NH, and Club Motorsports in Tamworth, NH with the BMW club and the Porsche club (PCA). Some of the folks I hang out with at the track drive a 2012 Mustang, an Audi S4 or a Porsche (depends on how he feels that day), and a VW GTI. Met a lot of great folks at the track.

So far this year I've signed up for Palmer on 4/1 with Mass Tuning and Club Motorsports on 5/19-5/20 with BMW.

Blizzard_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350, 1991 Mustang LX
Newbie here in regards to anything track wise except a drag strip... Lol. What's a ballpark wise cost for a track day in fees?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Newbie here in regards to anything track wise except a drag strip... Lol. What's a ballpark wise cost for a track day in fees?
About $200-$250 with mass tuning, highly recommend catching the Black Friday sales this year in off season if you liked it. And roughly another $200 for track day insurance through hagerty

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I usually plan on $1k for a weekend (track fees, insurance, gas, hotel, and food). Mass Tuning costs less like @jmagnus87 mentioned, BMW-CCA and PCA about $150 more per day. BMW is now accepting non BMW-CCA members due to declining track day enrollment. PCA accepts BMW-CCA and Audi memberships but declines others.

Mass Tuning is more advance at your own pace (state your own class, semi-free for all??), whereas with BMW and PCA you advance on instructor recommendation. As a data point, I am currently in Novice with BMW and Intermediate with PCA and Mass Tuning. Another benefit with PCA is you get a pretty good discount for 1st timer at the track.

Track insurance through either Hagerty or Lockton is based on agreed value, track, and organizer. For example, $50k value at Palmer through Lockton with Mass Tuning is $355 while the same venue with BMW-CCA is $315. YMMV.

Bottom line, HPDE is SO, so much more fun than a 1/4 mile at Epping! :sunglasses: :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Oh and did we mention budget for about $500 in tire you're going to shave off?? 😂
3911AAB2-553C-459F-AA3C-877335C98412.jpeg

Blizzard_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350, 1991 Mustang LX
Man! I'm going broke and haven't taken the car out of the garage yet looking at all above...LOL!

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Yeah man, that's why i like the Quonset Point Rhode Island track days because they're more like $130 for the day and it's time trial so only one person at a time on the track. And tons of run off if you make a mistake
Sponsored