Sponsored

Clear lens brake lights

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I really love the look of the EU mustang lights but dont want to pay that much for them and then the extra work to have that third bar on each light replaced with a red light. I'm thinking th LEDs are red and the lens is just red because... well.. reasons. So I'm thinking there may be a way to just switch the lens covers for a clear version? If not someone like DiodeDynamics should see about finding a way to make this work!!

I would love to have a clear set and then maybe tint them pretty good for a more pure black look instead of the maroon we get when we tint US versions.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I've thought about pretty much doing the same. Separating the clear lenses from the bezel and swapping them with a set of 50th tails, smoking them and getting a nicer/more pure black look. It just hasn't been on my priority list, not to mention they're crazy money to be cutting up.
Hope to see it done though.

OP
OP
RoninRed

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I've thought about pretty much doing the same. Separating the clear lenses from the bezel and swapping them with a set of 50th tails, smoking them and getting a nicer/more pure black look. It just hasn't been on my priority list, not to mention they're crazy money to be cutting up.
Hope to see it done though.
I would love love love this to happen. I'm hoping a big name company sees this and makes a replacement that's more cost effective, they're like $1000 a set :tsk:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You guys make me laugh! Most of Aussies HATE the clear lenses!!!
The lights take on a pinkish colour in the day time...
While you guys are trying to make yours clear, I'm buying red vinyl to cover mine up...
Grass is always greener.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
While you guys are trying to make yours clear, I'm buying red vinyl to cover mine up...
Grass is always greener.
That is SO true. People just feel the need to change everything. When the mirrors came black, everyone got them painted to match the body. Now they come painted, people are making them black...

It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's what makes us Mustang owners. We have more after-market support than any other vehicle and we use it to personalize our vehicles.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Grass is always greener.
Most feel the same way in the UK, too :thumbsup:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is SO true. People just feel the need to change everything. When the mirrors came black, everyone got them painted to match the body. Now they come painted, people are making them black...

It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's what makes us Mustang owners. We have more after-market support than any other vehicle and we use it to personalize our vehicles.
Absolutely. Diversity is what keeps this forum interesting!
Sorry for the thread diversion....

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I would love love love this to happen. I'm hoping a big name company sees this and makes a replacement that's more cost effective, they're like $1000 a set :tsk:
You can get them for less than $800 shipped. Hell, a mint set of US tail lights will cost the same, if not more. I plan on converting when funds are available.

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Sponsored